Purchased new by me, this beautiful turntable has been kept in a smoke free, pet free listening room. Unit is all black with gold lettered SME V tonearm. Tonearm has factory option silver wiring.
Description of the SME 20/3 from the manufacturer:
- Four point suspension for stability.
- Sub-chassis suspended on eighty strands of rubber in the form of 40 moulded ‘O rings.
- Suspension adjustable through trimmers used in conjunction with a gauge to give recommended settingsor varied to suit individual conditions.
- Central fluid damper controls sub-chassis motion and offers resistive ground-path for acoustic signals.
- Two screws lock down the sub-chassis and seal the damper for transport.
- 19mm diameter main spindle machined from high - chrome steel, hardened, ground and super finished runs in a sealed oil bath for lifetime lubrication.
- Screw down reflex record clamping system minimises record resonance.
- 6.5Kg (14lb) platter with unique Isodamp face machined with a fine scroll for optimum record interface.
- Generous use of extensional damping and resistive loop construction ensure sonic neutrality.
- Optional mounting on steel ball feet or compliant inserts, both affording levelling adjustment.
- Four jacking screws built into the sub-platter allow the thrust bearing to be off loaded for transit.
- The Power Supply design incorporates a 4-layer surface mount technology pcb with on-board user adjustable speed variation control.
- Large diameter strobe disc supplied allows precise adjustment of standard speeds.
- Speed range: 33 1/3, 45 & 78 rpm.
- Fully shielded in-line control unit. LEDs indicate the main functions
- Turntable is driven by a 3 phase, brushless outrunner inductance motor with 8-pole Neodymium magnets and 3 integrated Hall position sensors. The electronic controller uses a high performance microprocessor, optimised for motor control. Closed loop speed control is implemented using a proportional plus integral (PI) algorithm. Fine pitch speed adjustment allows increments/decrements of +/-0.01% of selected speed.
Comes complete with a comprehensive set of tools and equipment including Height Setting Gauge, Ø300mm Stroboscopic Disc, Reflex Record Clamp, Record Spindle Washer, Soft Cover and Operating Instruction Manual.
"Mikey likes it!"
"The SME 20/3 does perform at a very high sonic level overall. It has no weak sonic suits and its smooth and precise performance combined with ultra-stable speed and pitch accuracy produce both listening ease and compelling sonic satisfaction."
- Michael Fremer, Analogue Planet
Please contact me for shipping quote. Shipping weight is substantial (approx. 100 lbs)
Preferred payment terms: email Interac payment, bank wire transfer or bank draft (bank draft must clear before unit will be shipped). I will also accept Paypal with fee.
Questions welcome, please contact me by private email. Thanks for looking.