I am selling a late model Berkeley Alpha 2 DAC just traded in by the original owner. The DAC is a little over two years old. The DAC is the latest model as a full version 2, not a version one that has been upgraded.
I can tell you from experience this is an amazing DAC and the sound has been everything The Absolute Sound Magazine has written and raved about, and more. There is a real reason why this unit is the The Absolute Sound product of the year. Hi-res 192/24 music sounds unbelievable, and Redbook files are just stunning through this DAC. The price is a deal for a late model version 2, especially because dealers do not discount and have to wait months to get, so please do not contact me with low ball offers.
All original material will be shipped with the unit. Important - Please accept my apology in advance, as I will not ship outside of the US. If you use Paypal or Credit Cards please include the 3% fee.
- The Alpha DAC Series 2 employs new clocking and isolation technologies that provide enhanced imaging precision, timbrel purity and resolution.
- Unequaled interpolation technology up-samples 44.1kHz CD’s to provide almost 176.4kHz quality and produces superb fidelity at all sampling rates from 32kHz to 192kHz
- IR remote control of all functions including volume and balance allows direct connection to power amplifiers
- Advanced input signal jitter rejection
"The original Alpha DAC was a groundbreaking product, both in absolute performance and in its spectacular value. The Alpha DAC Series 2 is considerably better, and in musically significant ways." "The Alpha DAC Series 2 would have received my highest recommendation had it cost $15,000. Yes, it sounds that good. That it sells for $4995 qualifies as a minor miracle." —Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound, February 2012
- Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
- Input word length: 24-bit
- Two channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
- Digital Inputs: AES - Single XLR 110Ω, SPDIF1 - BNC 75Ω, SPDIF2 - BNC 75Ω, Toslink - Optical
- HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
- Multiple digital filter options
- Balanced analog output level: +18dBu maximum, +12dBu or lower recommended
- Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
- Digital attenuation and balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step trim, 60dB range
- Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz
- for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
- Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
- THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
- Firmware field upgradeable through signal inputs
- Enclosure dimensions: 1.75”H X 16.5”W x 10.4”D, 19” rack mount option
- Mains power: 100/120/240VAC, 50/60Hz, IEC power input connector
- Power consumption: 25W, designed for continuous operation
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.