This finely engineered precision turntable offers a new listening experience from your treasured vinyl and 78's. Massive construction, extensional damping of major surfaces, and lack of vibration from moving parts ensure tightly controlled detailed sound and stable stereo imaging. This Model 20/2 is equipped with the acclaimed Series V 'the best pick-up arm in the world'.
About this product
Fantastic condition trade-in SME 20/2 Turntable with Series V Tonearm and External Power Supply. Turntable does not come in original box. Turntable comes with Series V tonearm, external power supply, and SME tonearm cable.
Turntable is rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age including two small nicks on the platter (see photos).
Series V Specifications
- Four point suspension for stability.
- Sub-chassis suspended on sixty-four strands of rubber in the form of thirty-two purpose moulded 'O' rings.
- Trimming screws for suspension adjustment.
- Central fluid damper controls sub-chassis motion a offers resistive ground-path for acoustic signals.
- Two screws lock down the sub~chassis and seal the damper for transport.
- 19mm diameter main spindle machined from high/chrome steel hardened, ground and super finished.
- Screw down record clamping system minimises record resonance.
- 10 pound machined platter with unique lsodamp face.
- Generous use of extensional damping and resistive loop construction ensure sonic neutrality.
- Adjustable ball feet with optional compliant inserts.
- Four jacking screws built into the sub-platter allow the thrust bearing to be off loaded for transit.
- Electronically commutated 3-phase, high-torque motor. Special design virtually eliminates cogging.
- Large diameter strobe disc supplied allows precise adjustment of standard speeds.
- Speed range (rpm): 33 1/3 = 27/40, 45 = 40/50 and 78 = 60/100.
- Fully shielded in-line control unit. LEDs indicate the main functions.
Effective mass 10.0/11.0g
Cartridge balance range 4.2 – 18.0g
Vertical tracking force 0 – 3.0g(30mN)
Maximum tracking error 0.012(degrees per mm)
Null points Inner 66.04mm
Audio lead Length 1.2m
Capacitance 140.0 pF per channel
Resistance 0.145 ohms per conductor
Internal wiring Capacitance 15.0 pF per channel
Resistance 0.5353 ohms per conductor
Output plug and socket DIN 5-pole 240°
Weight net 720.0gAdditional Information
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: https://www.paragonsns.com/product-category/preowned-specials/