can read about my great tech on AudioKarma salbreth1 as he is the
person that restored this Marantz 7T. I've had him restore many items
for me and all the work was first rate. Look to AudioKarma for the
restoration of my Marantz 500 amp by Sal. He guarantees his work for six
months and I've had the preamp for a month or two. Works like a new
preamp and you'll be impressed by the sound quality. The face of this
preamp is not perfect but very good for its age and better than most
I've seen on Ebay. I will pack with rigid two inch foam to insure safe
undamaged delivery via FedEx insured and signature required. Shipping
cost will be approximately $60 to $80 as I don't skimp on materials and
packing as well as the FedEx charge. I will not take this unit back to
protect myself from people that remove parts but your getting a great
Marantz preamp ready to run for 30+ years. Local pick up welcome. I only ship FedEx Ground US address only. I know how to pack for safe delivery. I'm trying to avoid the Ebay onerous fees; check me out on Ebay "rbraggbuys".
You will not be disappointed and you might like your amp even more with this addition. Text below is from Sal the tech guru.
Hello, for sale is a beautiful Marantz model 7T
pre amplifier. This preamp has been professionally restored to the
manufacturer’s specifications, but with the audiophile in mind, using
only the best audio grade parts. This is not an average restoration, but
a meticulously cleaned and rebuilt preamp with a near silent back
ground on all inputs.
· The faceplate, and all PCB's were carefully cleaned of any dirt.
· All potentiometers and switches were flushed several times with Deoxit and lubed emitting no noise.
· All oxidation and corrosion was removed from the RCA jacks and all ground terminals.
· The power supply was rebuilt with Nichicon PJ series, low ESR, high grade capacitors with higher current handling and lifespan.
· All electrolytic capacitors on the amplifiers and preamp boards were replaced with ELNA Silmic II, high grade audio capacitors.
film capacitors on the referenced boards were upgraded with Panasonic
low noise metalized polypropylene film capacitors and hand matched.
· All TO-92 transistors on the tone boards were
replaced with new Fairchild low noise devices. All transistors were
carefully chosen to match the original transistor characteristics and
· Any out of spec carbon resistors were upgraded with Vishay BC metal films and replaced on the opposite channel accordingly.
· All PCB's were inspected and re soldered.
No matter the input used, when the program material is of good quality, the sound is very natural, spacial, and warm. All
values were kept the same to preserve the sound that Saul Marantz
intended. By replacing these 40+ year old parts, which are dried out,
creating noise, and/or out of spec, that classic sound quality is
restored. The unit is very clean inside and out and sounds amazing. This
is a rare preamp not often seen in this condition. Don't miss opportunity to own a great piece of audio history.