Harman Kardon Citation II
● The front face plate, PCB's and chassis were cleaned of any dirt and detailed.
● All potentiometers and switches were flushed with Deoxit and lubed emitting no noise.
● All oxidation and corrosion was removed from the speaker terminals, and RCA jacks and ground terminals.
● All electrolytic capacitors were replaced with Panasonic PW series
capacitors. And mounted to a custom terminal for easy replacement. These
are high grade low ERS capacitors with higher life span and power
● All film capacitors were replaced with Illinois Cap, metalized
polypropylene high grade film capacitors and Panasonic ECW metalized
polypropylene high grade film capacitors.
● The selenium rectifier and other diodes were replaced with new ON Semi silicon diodes.
● All solder joints were inspected and reflowed as necessary.
● The 12BY7A driver tubes are original RCA, USA made tubes and tested
excellent on my Hickok 539b. The tube sockets were also replaced with
new Belton sockets.
● The 6550EH output tubes are new Electro-Harmonix, Russian tubes and are biased symmetrically.
● Oddly enough, all 10 tubes have the blue plasma glow.
● After bench testing the amplifiers power was 62 watts per channel
before clipping, both channels driven @ 8 ohms with a 1kHz signal.
My tech wrote the words above and he is one hell of a tech. A beautiful
amp good to go for many years. No tube cage and the transformers could
be repainted but the hard work is already done. Make me an offer and
take this jewel home.