For Sale: McIntosh MC-501 500 watt monoblock amplifiers in excellent condition with original boxes. Has LED lights so you won't have to worry about bulbs burning out in the future. Functionally perfect with a small blemish here or there.
Selling because I'm moving to a fully digital Meridian system. Local pickup in Los Angeles only.
- Solid-state monoblock power amplifier with balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs and "Autoformer"-coupled output stage.
- Minimum sinewave continuous average power output: 500W into 8, 4, or 2 ohms (27dBW, 24dBW, 21dBW, respectively).
- Rated power bandwidth: 20Hz-20kHz. THD: 0.005% into 8, 4, or 2 ohms, 250mW to rated power output.
- IMD: 0.005% maximum if instantaneous peak output does not exceed twice the rated output for any combination of frequencies, 20Hz-20kHz, into 8, 4, or 2 ohms.
- Dynamic headroom: 1.8dB. Wideband damping factor: 100 at 8 ohms (equivalent to a source impedance of 0.08 ohms)
- Frequency responses: 20Hz-20kHz, +0/-0.25dB; 10Hz-100kHz, +0/-3dB.
- Sensitivity: 2.1V unbalanced input, 4.2V balanced input.
- Signal/noise ratio: 97dB, A-weighted (124dB below rated output), unbalanced and balanced.
- Input impedance: 10k ohms unbalanced, 20k ohms balanced.
- Dimensions: 17.5" W by 9.5" H (including feet) by 14 7/8" D (including front-panel knobs).
- Weight: 91.5 lbs (41.6kg) net, 105.5 lbs (48kg) shipping.