Up for your consideration is a David Berning Co. ZOTL Pre one serial #13043T featuring built in MM/MC phono stage and many special upgrades performed by North American factory authorized Berning modifier Lakeview Audio. Many significant upgrades including the following: Cryo treated Oyaide IEC, Patented Stillpoints isolator circuit board stand-off's, V-Cap grounding caps, Shielded power wire, Capacitive upgrade, ALL factory wiring replaced and upgraded with cryogenically treated continuous cast OHNO Pure Copper oxygen free long drawn wire, naked Vishay damping resistors, and upgraded vacuum tubes. The upgrades as listed represent well over a $2000 additional upgrade by itself. These critical upgrades take the Berning Pre One to a truly reference level of playback capability. Noise floor is significantly reduced, the capacitive upgrade and damping resistor change improves dynamics and PRaT dramatically. The OHNO pure Copper wiring upgrade by itself results in massive gains in clarity, tonal weight and body. Preamp is in quite superb shape overall and comes equipped with the optional RIAA phono section with Jensen SUT transformers installed ready to play low output moving coil cartridges. Worldwide voltage 110v/120v ~ 60Hz and 220/240v ~ 50Hz compatible input. Lastly, Stillpoints AL isolation footers set of 3/ea. included.
Serious inquiries contact Christopher directly 219.933.8115 or [email protected]
Additional Factory Specifications below:
- Dc-coupled line stage with dc offset null servo.
- Dc output protection shutdown.
- No negative feedback used in either the phono or line stage.
- Non-magnetic chassis prevents skin-effect induced distortion.
- Power consumption: 35 W ac powered, or 24 W dc powered (12 V @ 2 A).
- Line voltage required: (universal) 100-240 VAC, 50-440 Hz.
- Signal to noise, high-level stage, 20-20 kHz: 90 dB referenced to 1 V RMS input, unweighted.
- Signal to noise, phono only, without MC step-up transformer: 60 dB ref. 10 mV RMS input @ 1 kHz, unweighted.
- Signal to noise, phono only, with MC step-up transformer: 56 dB
ref. 1 mV RMS input @ I kHz, unweighted. Transformer configured for 1:8
- Distortion, almost all 2nd harmonic: High impedance load ~ 0.5 % @ 2 V RMS output; 50 Ohm load ~ 2 % @ 1 V RMS output.
- Maximum output: Hi-imp.- 5 V RMS @ 3 % THD; 50 Ohm- 2.5 V RMS @ 7.5 % THD.
- Frequency response @ 2 V RMS output both High- imp load and
50-Ohm load: -0.5 dB at 20 kHz and + 0.2 dB at 20 Hz. Ref 0 dB at 1 kHz.
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms.
- High level gain: 12 dB maximum.
- RIAA phono gain @ 1 kHz, no transformer: 48 dB. Additional 17 dB
with transformer set to 1:8 configuration. 1:12 and 1:24 configurations
- Phono overload: 110 mV RMS @ 1 kHz no transformer. 14 mV with transformer (1:8).
- High-level input impedance: 56 k? max, can be as low as 12 k?
with balance attenuators set to minimum and volume control turned full
- Tube complement: (4) 12AU7 high-level stage; (2) 12AX7 + (2) 12AT7 phono stage.
- Size: 42 cm wide, 33 cm deep, 15 cm high, (16.5 X 13 X 6 inches), including connectors and feet and knobs.
- Net weight: 6 kg (13 lb); Boxed, 8 kg (18 lb).
- Finish: silver anodize
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.