SPL Performer S800 balanced power amp in black finish.
Open box, otherwise NEW. Made in Germany. SMOOTH. WARM. And EXTREMELY DYNAMIC.
This amp replaced Bryston cubed monoblocks in my system !!
You need to experience this....
The Performer s800 Stereo Power Amp
is an ultra-compact power amplifier. Thanks to the VOLTAiR technology,
this power amplifier has absolute control over the speakers up to their
load limits. In stereo operation, this bi-polar transistor power
amplifier delivers up to 2 x 285W into 4 Ohms speakers. In Bridge Mode
it delivers 450W into an 8 Ohms speaker.
Performer s800 amplifier uses the VOLTAiR technology (120V rail
technology) to offer a high voltage of 120V (+/-60 VDC) and large
dynamic range of over 140 dB. The 120V electronics operate quasi 'idle'
even at highest audio levels and impulse peaks. They never operate on
the limit and therefore never get stressed. The music presents itself
with pleasant serenity and smoothness.
amplifier is equipped with an 855VA toroidal transformer. The power
supply is equipped with a capacitance of 40800 µF for screening and
electricity storage for faithful reproduction of impulse peaks.
Performer s800 amplifier has a protection circuit against DC voltage at
the output. If DC is detected at
the outputs, the amplifier automatically switches off.
The input signal can be lowered via a Trim rotary switch from 0 to -5.5 dB in
0.5 dB steps. This is useful in order to achieve an optimal stereo
sweet-spot in acoustically sub-optimal rooms. In bi-wiring setups, this allows for leveling speakers
with different efficiency to equal loudness.
- Bi polar transistor power amplifier with VOLTAiR 120V technology
- 2 x 285 W into 4 ohms, 2 x 185 W into 8 ohms (stereo operation)
- 450 W into 4 or 8 ohms (mono operation – Bridge Mode)
- Toroidal transformer with 855 VA
- 40800 µF capacitance for faithful reproduction of impulse peaks
- Gold-plated loudspeaker binding posts with protection covers
- Neutrik XLR connectors for balanced in- and outputs
- Direct slave through of the input (e.g. for bi-wiring)
- Input trim switch for attenuation up to -5.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- AMP CTR connector for remote power on/off switching (e.g. with Director or Phonitor x)
- Overheat protection with Temp LED
- DC (direct current) voltage protection with Protect LED
- Made in Germany
North American voltage unit.
I have TWO of these units, should you want to purchase 2 to run each in bridged mode. (this listing is for ONE amp).