We have a Quad MK-II Classic monoblock set for sale. It includes the original packaging materials and is aggressively priced for a quick sale. Please see the summary, specifications, reviews, and sale specifications, then reach out with any questions.
We've rated the unit as a 9/10 to be in line with Audiogon's detailed condition grading system. Summary from Quad:
This is a faithful reproduction of the original - the new Quad II Classic offers audiophiles the chance to recreate the spirit and atmosphere produced from one of the most famous amplifiers in audio history. Peter's circuit, notably the design of the output transformer has become of legendary status - analysed by the finest minds in the industry.
The Quad II clasic has been recreated accurately with output valves and input valves the equivalent of those used in the original. The output valves produce around 15W per channel operating in Class A, which allow a gloriously sweet and refined sound with appropriately matched contemporary loudspeakers. Specifications:
Input Sensitivity - 775mV
RMS Power Output - 15W RMS
Output Impedence - 8 Ohms
THD @ 700Hz - 0.8% @ 12W
Residual Hum and Noise - Better than -90dB
Frequency Response - 10H - 20kHz (± 0.2dB)
Damping Factor - 11.75 @ 700Hz (referred to 8 Ohms)
Valves - 2 x EF86, 2 x KT66, 1 x GZ34
Dimensions (W x H x D) - 335 x 121 x 171mm Weight - 8.3kg Review from Stereophile:
"The Quad II Classics were easier to install than the average modern tube amp, given their lightish weight and all-around good behavior: Not once during their time in my system did they exhibit the slightest hum, crackle, or other untoward noise" "There isn't a sweeter-sounding amplifier on earth. In particular, the Quads offered up volumes and volumes of beautiful, richly textured string sound" Sale Notes:
NOTE – Our new group, RespectHiFi, does not have web feedback. The owners are willing to go above and beyond for Audiogon customers to ensure you can buy safely. Let us know what is helpful – phone call / text message / credentials / other accounts are all available to you to gain confidence in our service :)
- The amplifiers are priced extremely aggressively, and to meet our customers pricing needs we are unable to accept returns at this time.
- Shipping costs will be billed to the buyer, and we will work to respect our buyer's pocket book by finding the most cost effective, safest, method of shipping. Feel free to reach out for a quote.
- We will ship the units in the factory boxes. If you'd like – we can a) cross out the brand names with tape / sharpie, or b) double box the amplifier for safety and security. This will be an additional flat rate of $150 to the purchase price to account for additional time / resources.
- Units will be shipped out in 100% functional condition, and as we are a new verified dealer – are happy to share our owners feedback from other locations.
- PayPal fees are responsibility of buyer. Please add in 3% to purchase price + shipping for total landed cost.