This listing does not include a cartridge
“It offers a sonic feast for the ear…….But it was in musical communication that the Zephyr’s quality truly revealed itself. What the instruments played and how they played it was immediately open to perception. All the details of a musician’s artistry were clearly revealed: “touch,” phrasing, punctuation, dynamics, tension/release, flow, tempo, and rhythm.
After my time spent with the Origin Live Zephyr, it slots in as one of my favorite tonearms: both for how good it sounds and how well it communicates the artistic meaning of music. Very very highly recommended.” –Stereo Times
The Zephyr tonearm is a considerable advance on the Silver with stronger, hard-to-machine alloys used throughout the yoke and base. It also includes additional stiffening and damping in the arm tube. All this adds up to a clear improvement in bass weight, dynamics, resolution and image stability – worthy of belonging to our premium range.
- High grade aircraft alloy tube with internal stiffening and special rear stub for improved counterweight rigidity
- The additional arm stiffening serves to further increase dynamics and sense of power and control in the bass
- Superior Yoke design – encompassing higher grade material and precision tolerancing of parts. This results in an incredibly transparent arm with superb tonal balance. Finally the yoke is mirror polished and finished in chrome
- Bearing design – gimballed arm using specially treated bearings
- The Threaded base is upgraded from the Silver with a more sophisticated internal design and superior alloy
- Counterweight is of a superior alloy to the lower arms to produce deeper bassIntegral VTA adjustmentHigh grade Internal Litz wire for transparencyUpgrade external cable (6mm diameter) with high conductivity RCA plugs to fit into your amplification
- Easy to fit – the threaded base mounting makes the arm easy to fit to any armboard designed for Rega arms as it is a drop in replacement for ALL versions of Rega arm whether threaded base or 3 point mounting
- There is also an Origin Live SME adaptor which means the arm can be fitted to any SME armboard
- Predrilled armboards are also available for the Linn LP12