Extremely rare and final production Threshold FET Ten E linestage in very good cosmetic and perfect working condition. These special end super versions with hand selected and tightly matched parts. This is the best product they could build incorporating all the lessons learned over years of production. Cosmetically unique with knobs only found on these units. According to Pass himself there were less than 20 made (no-one recorded the exact number).
This unit was sent to Jon Soderberg at Vintage Amp Repair (former Threshold and recognized expert for all Threshold products) for a complete health check. DC offset was adjusted and electrolytic capacitors were replaced in the power supply and main board for years of trouble free operation. The unit is at Vintage Amp Repair and will ship from California. You don't have to take my word about this unit - Jon is available to answer questions (916) 721-9611 [email protected]
Collectible with a dedicated following to this day as witnessed by the Threshold Lover's Website. Per the description of the variants below, this is a E-T / Version 5 model. Purchased from an audio friend who is also an electrical engineer that spent lots of time studying the variations and production changes as he bought and sold FET-10s.
The Threshold Lover's website is no longer active but can be viewed using the web archive tool "Wayback Machine". http://web.archive.org/web/20110926022622/http://www.thresholdlovers.com/articles.php?lng=en&pg=475
Minor scuff on the back of the top cover - see photo for detail. Comes with original box and manual.
Buyer pays for shipping and transaction fees.
For reference, the variants of the FET-10E are listed below:
- FET10 E -T special end of model, super version with hand selected and tightly matched parts, upgraded power supply, heavier gauge power supply cord, unique control knobs, ... .
- FET10 E v4 - most highly evolved FET10 E production series with DC servo pot, polystyrene stacked film bypass, metal military package input FETs, etc.
- FET10 E v3 - Same as V4 without the metal, military package FETs.
- FET10 E v2 - Same as V3 without the DC servo pot.
- FET10 E v1 - Lacks DC servo pot, polystyrene bypass caps, etc.
Coming soon : Chord Hugo2 DAC/Preamp/Headamp, Parasound D/AC 2000 Ultra with the Ultra Analog R2R module, and power cords (Pangea AC-14, LAT AC-2, and PS Audio).