BHF has for sale the ultimate unicorn DAC the Kassandra MKii Reference Gen 1 with manual bias. Only difference between this Mkii Vs the current version is the latest version has Bias meters and Improved PSU and Grounding post.
Rated 7/10 due to age only.
This unit is a demo model with RCA outputs only and USB, Coax and Optical inputs no AES. This is the same unit consitently used at the shows in the last 4 years and is the first unit for sale used so get it before you have to wait another 5 years for the next model. Sold from the distributor directly.
Wire Transfer or Cashiers Check. Paypal is not an option.
Comes with x2 e280f and another set as a spare
• 16 R2R converters per channel, complimentary current output using the top grade Analogue Devices AD1865N-K with 8 converters per bank, 16 per channel.
• Eight discrete ultra-low-noise regulators for the 4 converter banks.
• Extensive local decoupling,using tuned LC filters.
• Over engineered power supplies, power input filters.
• Transformer I/V conversion with custom wideband transformers, balanced current to single ended voltage conversion.
• Internal Super-Clock by-passable on the fly. , triple regulated supply.
• Transformer loaded super tube output stage using the E280F tube. 5:1/10:1 step down transformer & double choke filtered supply.
Output range: - 30Vpp output @ 0db 10Vrms (5Vrms on -6db setting)
User selectable output: 10v @50ohms or 5v @12ohms
Output: 2 x RCA . Floating RCA output switchable(ground loop resolver)
Output impedance: ~50ohms (balanced and SE output), 12ohm at -6db setting
USB input: up to 24/384KHz
Jitter attenuation: down to femtosec level
Dimensions: 540mm W x 520mm D x 165mm H