Existing warranty PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier, Point-to-Point wiring with Hand-Made quality – Vacuum Tube Stereo PreAmplifier for $2,295, MSRP $3,200. Buy this wonderful sounding and accurate vacuum tube Preamplifier because your High-End Sources (in my case - Benchmark DAC3 HGC and Modwright Oppo UBP-205 with vacuum output stage) deserve this organic, wide spectrum and exceptional sounding preamp. Buy this preamp as a seasoned vacuum tube owner looking for higher resolution from your tube preamp, or as a first time owner--it does all the detail, tonal accuracy and natural sound that you have been craving and wanting in your Audio System!
About 6 months old with an existing warranty, relatively low hours ~200 (this preamp is very gentle on tubes--they could last for years), terrific bass, liquid mid-range, with sweet & natural tonality and a detailed, extended and never-fatiguing treble. PrimaLuna's Adaptive Autobias - means that you don't have to worry about tube life and these tubes are not driven hard, they can last for 4600 hours and still have 90% of the tube-life left--90% of the tube life left may still considered a NEW/NOS Tube! Plus, this preamplifier is more musical and engaging than Cary Audio SLP-98 and much higher priced point-to-point wired preamplifiers…shhhh don’t tell Dennis…
This is my well-cared-for and loved-personal preamplifier—it has been floating on a “laser base” stand, suspended by surgical rubber bands! It is in mint operating condition, with an very good cosmetic rating because of one visible blemish in the paint on the rear top--see detailed photos taken prior to listing. I am including the preamplifier, all the original packaging, white gloves, manual and stock detachable power cord. Please see my other listings for after-market power cords, and other components. Has been in a Smoke, Pet, Child/Grandchild free and loving dedicated audio room : )
Why I am selling:
I'm downsizing from SACD Multi-Channel Surround back to SACD/DSD/Hi-Res/Vinyl Stereo and will no longer need this great sounding and preamplifier with Home Theater ByPass Mode--it has a wonderful with an involving sound stage and fantastic imaging. It matches well with vacuum tube, hybrid and solid-state power amplifiers. I’ve pleasingly paired it with Aragon 8008BB, Plinius SA-100 mkII, Bruce Moore Dual Sixty, Cary Audio 300B mono-blocks, and vintage Audio Research and Conrad Johnson amplifiers. With any of these power amplifiers in my Stereo system the DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier exudes natural tonality, 3D imaging, resolution that makes replay-the-track-again, and awesome bass control—what “bass”, you ask, yes, fantastic bass control, definition and extension!
This PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier Specifications: Coaxial RCA Inputs 5 pair RCA + 1 Pair HomeTheater bypass. Coaxial RCA Outputs 2 pair RCA and 1 Pair RCA Fixed Tape Out. Gain: 10dB. MFR: 10 Hz – 95kHz +/- 1dB, THD: Less than 0.5% at 2 Volts, S/N Ratio: 93 dB, Input Sensitivity: 650mV, Input Impedance: 220k Ohms, Output Impedance: 256 Ohms, Power Consumption: 61 watts. Standard Tube Compliment: 6 – 12AU7 (or ECC82s, ECC802Ss, E82CCs, 5814s, 6189s, or even CV4003s), 2 – 5AR4. Dimensions (WxHxD): 15” x 8.3” x 14.2”. Weight: 52.9 pounds. MSRP $3,200.
List of design and manufacturing excellence:
1. Dual-Mono Design—Resolving soundstage with lifelike 3D imaging and wide, tall and deep sonic-images in the audio-soundstage.
2. Tube-Rectified—Better midrange liquidity and natural tonality, versus Hybrid Tube/Solid-State designs that “cheat” with chip-set based rectification.
3. Dual-Mono 5AR4 Tube Rectifiers—Deliver an organic sound with great dynamic headroom and fast transients. Kevin says it’s the BEST!
4. Three sets of 12AU7 Tubes per channel—One driver and Two input tubes lower distortion and increase dynamic range and bandwidth. Dramatic differences with NOS tube rolling :)
5. 12AU7 Tubes—Stockpiles of vintage NOS tube varieties and modern-day production, will ensure years of tube-rolling bliss. Substitute tubes include: ECC82s, ECC802Ss, E82CCs, 5814s, 6189s, or even CV4003s.
6. Nichicon 330 microFarad Capacitors—Guarantee quick delivery of transients and bass response during critical passages in music.
7. Japanese-built Volume Control—Alps Blue Velvet Potentiometer is recognized as the best for any high-end design or high-dollar restoration. Accurate, and true to the music and dual-mono design of this preamplifier.
8. Premium Sealed Fujitsu Relays—When an input is selected, only that particular relay closes—keeping the other inputs “open” (no signal can pass). Rear-mounted and proximate to the input jacks safeguard a short and exact signal path—you will NOT hear noise from any other inputs in your system.
9. Five sets of Inputs and two Outputs—All non-magnetic and of highest quality gold plating.
10. Heavy-Metal Remote Control—Volume control, mute, direct input selection, on-the-fly switching of the PrimaLuna Power Amplifier’s (NOT included) modes – Ultralinear and Triode modes, and control of PrimaLuna’s CD Player (NOT included) functions, too.
11. Removable IEC female Connector—Most fun, instantaneous and satisfying “tweek” is trying new power cords. I am ONLY including the stock power cord. I have played with aftermarket power cords: Synergistic Research BLUE 10AWG & A/C Master Coupler, TG Audio 688 & Silver, Michael Wolff Ribbon, Virtual Dynamics Master 2.0 Rev R, High Fidelity Reveal, etc. and the differences are greater than upgrading RCA cables because the PrimaLuna Dialogue Preamplifier is so resolving.
12. Tube Sockets with Panel Mounts—"Roll it!” No worries about ruining cheap PC boards, or connectors, as you enjoy tube rolling.
13. French-made DuRoche & SCR tin-foil capacitors, Japanese-made TAKMAN resistors—Premium components and fantastic design make this Preamplifier sing!
14. Swiss-made Silver plated, Continuous-Crystal, Oxygen-Free Copper wire with Teflon Dielectric—Point-to-point wiring in critical signal paths. No cheap (or noisey) PC boards in the signal path here.
15. Power & Output Transformers—Massive custom toroids rated for 200% of their duty cycle and potted to protect the windings from moisture and deterioration.
16. PrimaLuna's Adaptive Autobias—No worries about tube life! These tubes are not driven hard, they can last for 4600+ hours and still have ~90% of the tube-life left--at ~90% of the tube life left tubes may still considered a NEW/NOS Tube!
Equipment Synergy and Comparisons:
Designed by a world-renowned team of European audio designers with the sole purpose of competing against $10,000-dollar preamplifiers for 1/3 the cost. I’ve pleasingly paired it with Aragon 8008BB, Plinius SA-100 mkII, Bruce Moore Dual Sixty, Cary Audio 300B mono-blocks, and vintage Audio Research and Conrad Johnson amplifiers. With any of these power amplifiers in my Stereo system the DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier exudes natural tonality, 3D imaging, resolution that makes replay-the-track-again, and awesome bass control—what “bass”, you ask, yes, fantastic bass control, definition and extension! With each individual power amplifier the DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier revealed the sonic characteristics of each amp design--this was unique to my 25 years of owning Hi-End audio gear.
I auditioned six other preamplifiers (Cary Audio SLP-98-weak bass, too slow and smaller soundstage, Pass Labs Aleph P-great soundstage and imaging but non-engaging sounding, Parasound JC2 BP-great sounding and transparent but dry sounding, Bruce Moore Companion IIc-awesome tonality and transparency but sometimes-noisey tubes and no remote control, Vincent Audio SA T7-limited imaging/soundstage and tonality was too far off of natural, and PrimaLuna Prologue-similar to Dialogue but limited bass and transparency) in my system at home, before choosing this DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier because it matches up sonically with my Aragon 8008BB, Plinius SA-100 mkII, Bruce Moore Dual Sixty, and Cary Audio 300B mono-blocks in terms of tonality, imaging, speaker and bass control, and soundstage depth (3D). This preamplifier has successfully matched up with Wilson Watt Puppies, Voce Divina Tenore and Basso, and Martin Logan Electrostats with beautiful sound, soundstage detail, warmth and control.
This DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier matches the sound quality of the new PrimaLuna EVO 400 (my current preamplifier)--I might not have upgraded to the EVO 400, if the local dealer would have let me demo it at home against my DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier! My DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier is musically more engaging than any other vacuum tube amplifiers in my system, and has wonderful 3D soundstage imaging capabilities—plus it is nearly “dead-quiet”. The Pass Labs Aleph P and Parasound JC2 BP sounded good but not lifelike enough or able to transmit emotional passages/music as the DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier—plus Tube Rolling is so much fun, relatively inexpensive, and I couldn’t do that with these Solid-State preamplifier designs. If you are looking for a vacuum tube preamplifier with natural tonality, awesome imaging, accurate detail and huge soundstage, then you have found your next preamplifier.
I am including the preamplifier, all the original packaging, white gloves, manual(s) and stock detachable power cord. The unit has been used lovingly in a smoke free, strong-smell free, no pets/children, dedicated stereo room by one owner.
Purchasing Notes & Details:
• Buyer is to pay shipping and insurance charges. The item will be shipped with insurance for the full purchase price. The item works, as I tested it prior to carefully packaging, and it is guaranteed to arrive in working condition.
• Sales within the continental United States or Canada only, no other international sales--as I have been burned in the past.
• This preamplifier will be carefully packed in the manufacturer original BOXES and foam, and shipped only to a verified (payment or PayPal) address.
UPDATED the listing title to "PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier" for some reason Audiogon did not have this model in their system, and I mistakenly chose the less expensive model.