In the hi-end world of amplifiers there are names like PASS, D'Agostino, VTL, etc> But residing among them are a handful of talented and recognized designers. The products they produce and sell are often called giant killers. Hand built units with passion and the desire for perfection, yet with performance that often exceeds some of the best amps out there. One of those name is Aesthetix, founded by Jim White. Remember Theta Digital's Casablanca and Dreadnaught amplifiers? Same guy.
The Atlas comes in 3 versions. Standard (Awesome), then Signature and the pinnacle is the Eclipse.
The Atlas Eclipse is designed to drive virtually any speaker load. Its unique and a true hybrid tube / solid state amplifier with zero feedback. No other company we know of has developed an amp like this. Each component in the Eclipse series is hand selected and matched for out of this world performance.
This amplifier was extremely well cared for and looks new. It continues to impress are shows and you rarely see one for sale. You need to hear it.
- Zero feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
- Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering. This single gain stage provides all of the voltage gain for the entire amplifier.
- Eclipse tuning uses exotic Stealthcap capacitors, super precision matched output devices and distributed node technology as well as advanced mechanical chassis isolation and sophisticated electrical signal grounding.
- Stereo amplifier: 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
- Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
- Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
- Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
- Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
- Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
- All aluminum chassis construction assures durability and efficient cooling
- Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
- RS232 control and trigger for special installation requirements.
AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS -
- CLASS - Full balanced Power Amplifier
- POWER/CH - (8 Ohm) 200W
- POWER/CH - (4 Ohm) 400W
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO - 120 dB
- INPUT SENSITIVITY - 60mV (1 watt), 2.3mV (Full power)
- BANDWIDTH AT FULL POWER - 4Hz to 150,000Hz
- THD AT FULL POWER - 1%
- DIMENSIONS - (LxWxH) 19" x 18" x 9"
- WEIGHT: 70 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
- Original Box and packing
- Original Manual
- Original power cord
CONDITION - This unit was extremely well cared for by its previous owner and is very clean and dust free. No sign of smoke, pets or kids. The face looks new.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been selling new, pre-owned and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether its a new purchase, trade-in, upgrade or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry.
Great audio is a journey not just a purchase. We'll guide you to the best gear within your budget.
CONTACT INFO -