NOW NEW WITH SOUND FRAME CUSHIONS OF YOUR CHOICE.
MySphere headphones (head-speakers) are a unique, cutting-edge, open design that hovers over your ears, creating a spatial, real-life listening experience. The ergonomic design of the ultra-light anodized aluminum frame with its magnetically-attached, cushiony-soft pads prevents any pressure to your head, making your listening experience pure, painless pleasure.
MySphere headphones, the successor to the world-famous AKG K-1000 made by the same Austrian designers (Heinz Renner & Helmut Ryback), come in 2 models:
– MySphere 3.1 (15 Ohms) for small mobile players and tube amps with transformers
– MySphere 3.2 (110 Ohms) for strong solid state amps and tube amps in OTL mode
Sound Frame Cushions you can choose from:
- Standard: The allrounder among the sound frame cushions offers a linear frequency response and an optimal neutral sound.
- Transparent: This sound frame cushion achieves the highest transparency in the sound image, which makes it specifically impressive for classical music.
- Bass: This version achieves significantly stronger bass levels when applied close to the ear. As soon as the sound frames are moved farther away from the ear, the overall sound image is much alike as with the "Standard" cushions.
The main principles of the AKG K-1000 have been carried over, enhanced by new materials and measurement technologies: The fully open construction principle, radial magnet system and a quadrangular membrane.
The MySphere 3 has drivers that are suspended in front of the ears (hovering), and can be angled and adjusted in height to suit the listener. The main parts are made out of machined and anodized aluminum and stainless steel and consequently extreme durable and corrosion- resistant. The internal materials and connectors are highly elastic damping and environmentally resistant, and so attenuating body-borne noise.
MySphere includes their premium cable made of silver-plated, oxygen-free (OFC) copper wire, which in turn consists of 8 fine single strands, intertwined to achieve low capacitance and inductance.
Reviews (check out the new video below):
Stephen Dawson of Addicted to Audio (May 2021) concluded:
"...the MySphere 3.2 headphones are a very different approach to headphone design, offering exceptional quality sound and a rare, open airiness, beyond that available even from open-back headphones. They deserve to be coupled with fine – and powerful – electronics..."
CLICK HERE to read the entire review
Check out this detailed 4-member panel review on Head-Fi.org with a variation of amps: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mysphere-3.23455/reviews
Alan Sircom of The Absolute Sound wrote (June 2019):
"...it’s rare that we encounter a design that is genuinely different, rarer still when the differences are not only physically easy to spot but also work as advertised. The whole caboodle gains “scarce as hen’s teeth” status when all of that comes with good sound. The ambitious and audacious MySphere 3.1/3.2 ticks all those boxes. Expensive it may be, but the MySphere sets the benchmark for dynamic headphone performance today. Wow!"
CLICK HERE to check it out
Darren Henley of thenewold.co writes:
"...one of my favorite moments with the MySphere 3.2 was listening to Thom Yorke’s latest – Anima. Dawn Chorus opens with some ambient sounds before the warm analog synth sounds embrace Yorke’s somber voice, which had a remarkable presence. The shimmering atmosphere was greatly enhanced by the MySphere, and the chirping sounds at the end of the track fluttered above my head. Way cool..."
What’s in the box? This product ships with:
- MySphere 3.1 or 3.2 headphones
- Sound Frame Cushion of your choice (standard, transparent or bass)
- Premium cable of your choice
- USB Stick
- Premium case
CLICK HERE for more information, specifications and measurements.
As a business we have to collect 8% TAX from buyers in California.