From the world of computer audio comes a state of the art network streaming package featuring the highly praised Sonore ultraRendu network streamer. All three components described below are being sold at a single package price and will be shipped in one box. The ultraRendu has an all black finish and the power supply has a black top and sides with a silver faceplate.
Among the many network functional capabilities of the ultraRendu (see below), it can serve as an endpoint for a Roon-based music management software in a high end audio system. The unit receives an ethernet input and connects to a USB device (DAC) via a standard USB cable and utilizes a new proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components and many updates to match its ultra designation. The ultraRendu is easy to configure, accepts streams from various sources, and includes the latest version of Sonore’s operating system Sonicorbiter. When powered by a state of the art power supply such as the Sonore Signature (see below) it offers state of the art performance.
Selectable output modes
- Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.
- Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
- Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #3c - Songcast Output - This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.
- Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot which is an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.
- Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- POP free DSD/PCM transitions
- Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
- RoonReady certified
- Audirvana Plus certified
- Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
- Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
- The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
- BubbleUPnP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
- OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
- Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
- Native DSD is supported on select DACs
- The unit is controlled via third-party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
- Based on Sonicorbiter, closed source and open source (GPLv2)
- Matching case to the Uptone Audio UltraCap power supply
- Six (6) high-quality ultra low noise regulators
- Fixed frequency high-quality ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillator
- External power input jack
- RJ45 input connector
- USB-A audio output connector
- Micro SD port for the operating system
- Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
- Power input: 6-9 VDC at 1 Amp min continuous
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Dimension without rubber feet: 1.181"(H)x4.331"(W)x4.409"(D)
Sonore Signature Power Supply
The Sonore Signature Series Power Supply is especially designed for use with the Sonore ultraRendu. If you want the ultraRendu to sound exceptionally good, get the Sonore Signature Power supply. It's really that simple.” Michael Lavorgna – Audiostream “The Sonore Signature Power Supply at $1399 is Sonore’s all-out top grade power supply designed to drive the ultraRendu. Most everything about this power supply is deluxe from custom made footers with Sorbothane isolators, beautiful aluminum case, and many United States sourced parts. The Sonore Signature has a custom ultra-low noise discrete linear regulator as well as the ability to provide the necessary peak current for the ultraRendu as we’ll as ultra-low noise, and ultra-low impedance. The resultant sound is magnificent with wonderful definition and balanced sound from top to bottom.” Steven Plaskin – Audiostream “In my system the sonic differences were large enough and enjoyable enough for me to justify the price premium.”
Dimensions: 12.5 inches (w); 10 inches (d); 3 inches (h)
Cardas-Sonore DC 3 custom output cable
Shown in the second photo with the Signature Power Supply, the Cardas-Sonore DC 3 cable is custom made by Cardas for Sonore to connect the Signature Power Supply to the Ultrarendu. It is approximately 40 inches in length and is equipped with the appropriate connectors at each end to connect to the ultraRendu and the power supply, respectively.
The combined retail cost of the three components in the package is well above $2000 making the asking price for the package a terrific bargain. Buyer should add $50 to the purchase price to help cover shipping and fees. PLEASE CHECK MY FEEDBACK!!!