The Altec Lansing 875A Granada is one of Altec's best sounding speaker in the 1971 lineup. They use some really advanced features for the time. It's rare to find a good set with clean cabinets and original drivers and crossovers as these. Even the cabinets are original and have not been restrained or refinished. We did hand oil them and the Walnut is beautiful.
Vintage gear is definitely going up in value these days and collectors are investing in rare and clean pieces. I saw a pair of these go on ebay for $6000.
While we're simply looking to move these on to a new home, if you can pick-up a vintage Pioneer or Marantz receiver, you'll need to prepare your mind for the far out sound you'r about to experience. You'll have to ask yourself... Can you dig it man? Seriously, these do sound pretty impressive and can easily fill a large space with life-life sound. They really knew what they were doing in the 70's.
These are large and will ship on a single pallet, fully protected and insured.
Here's the skinny...
- Exclusive Dynamic Force Woofers
- 17 Lb magnets woofer magnet
- 3" Edge-wound ribbon voice coil
- Cast-aluminum frame
- 18" wide throw horn tweeter for room filling capability
- Sealed enclosure for tight and authoritative bass
- Highly improved low-frequency transient response
- Hand-rubbed Walnut finish
- YEAR OF MANUFACTURER: 1971
- FINISH - Hand-Oiled Walnut
- TWEETER - Symbiotik voice coil diaphragm with an 18" cast-aluminum horn
- WOOFER - 15", Cast Aluminum, 3" Voice coil
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 20Hz to 20kHz
- IMPEDANCE - 8 Ohms
- POWER HANDLING - 100 Watts
- DIMENSIONS - (LxWxH) - 24" x 27.5" x 29.75"
- WEIGHT/EA: 128 Lbs
- SERIAL - 1406 / 1408
- Very Good to Excellent. These speakers were definitely well cared for by their previous owner. No smoke smell, no cabinet swelling or drying out of the grain. The grills are excellent and the drivers are clean and play clear.
SALON 1 Audio is a hi-end audio destination on the East coast of Florida. We are authorized dealers for many mainstream lines and have a reputation for offering above average value on trade-ins. Our on-line items include quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings. Everything we sell has an extended or manufacturer warranty included. We are here to assist in any way we can.
For expert advice give us a call at (407) 953-9596
We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility. Truck freight to a residential address or where a lift-gate is needed, may incur additional fees.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.