BRAND NEW! Hand crafted near Hamburg in Germany, the new soulshine Trio is a three part device. A line-stage (soulshine II), a phono-stage (PS2) and a four channel power supply (quad mono) for line- and phono-stage. Also new is a remote controlled volume control unit using Z-Foil resistors and pure silver wiring. The feet of all three devices are much improved, thanks to Alto-Extremo Exact vibration absorber feet.
The soulshine Trio shows exceptional detail, plasticity and a deep and wide sound-stage. Everything is played on a black/still background. The listener hears no tube noise, but many tube virtues. Voices really have body, strings have the right fluidity, and an electric guitar sounds just like it should. Especially the harmony between silence and dynamics captivates the listener right away.
Similar to the original soulshine with 4 line inputs and now 3 outputs using ECC82 and ECC99 tubes with only one Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil capacitor per channel. The signal path is even shorter now and a brand new state-of-the-art volume control is incorporated. The tube phono-stage PS2 provides two inputs (3 inputs optional) - one MC and one MM. Passive RIAA correction for unlimited dynamics. Pure silver MC step up transformers 1:10 to care for most MC-cartridges. 40dB of gain for MM (active using 4 valves) plus 20dB (passive using the 1:10 transformer).
The external quad mono power supply uses four powerful torodial core transformer and solid-state rectifiers, since this design has proven to be advantageous for the sound of the soulshine. No component-overkill, but perfect working conditions for the soulshine. All housing components are made of aluminum, between 2 und 12mm thick.
As a business we have to collect 8% TAX from buyers in California.
CLICK HERE for more information.
- line inputs: 4 high level inputs, input impedance 100 KOhm, (3x RCA, 1x XLR)
- amplification: 8x, 18dB, max. output > 50 Volts, output impedance 400 Ohm, 3 outputs (2x RCA, 1x XLR)
- phono inputs: 1x MM (40db gain), 1x MC (60dB gain), another MC input optional
- power supply: external solid state power supply, 4x 200VA
- 444 x 80 x 306 mm (17.5 x 3.1 x 12 inches) WxHxD - Pre
- 444 x 80 x 306 mm (17.5 x 3.1 x 12 inches) WxHxD - Phono
- 444 x 80 x 306 mm (17.5 x 3.1 x 12 inches) WxHxD - PSU
- volume control: 64-step Z-Foil resistor switch
- case: Aluminum, black anodized and powder coated
- front: silver anodized or black anodized
- optional: Chrome front $600.00 (all three devices)
- sound: The soulshine Trio shows exceptional detail, plasticity and sound stage. Everything is played on a black/still backgound. The listener hears no tube noise, but many tube virtues. Voices really have body, strings have the right fluidity, and an electric guitar sounds just like it should. Especially the harmony between silence and dynamics captivates the listener right away