BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM A VERIFIED VETERAN AUDIOGON DEALER:
This pair of Siegfried 2 Mono Amplifiers are in excellent condition. Very recently retubed at a cost of $4500 through VTL with Gold Lion KT88 Tubes. This set comes with a set of custom sized Grand Prix Audio Carbon Fiber Stands designed specifically for the VTLs. These bases cost $6,000 per pair. The factory crates are included along with the factory instruction manual. Always in a dedicated music room. These amps are very heavy. local pickup preferred. Rated 8/10 due to age. This pair has been in my system about 7 years. DOMESTIC DELIVERY ONLY
FEATURES ARE FROM VTL WEBSITE:
- Fully balanced differential circuit – single-ended signal produces balanced signal at output
- Re-designed fully balanced differential input and driver stages for increased signal swing, bandwidth and stability
- Zero global Negative Feedback
- Shorter, faster feedback loop for greater tonal control without phase shift.
- Improved handling of loudspeaker loads for greater signal stability.
- The amplifier is unconditionally stable, without the need for any capacitor compensation.
- New current source for lower sonic impact in single-ended mode
- Lower impedance output stage for improved loudspeaker control
- Dramatically increased interleaving and coupling in the balanced VTL proprietary Reference output transformer, for wider bandwidth and zero ringing
- Variable user-adjustable DF feedback control to vary output impedance and damping factor for optimal matching to speaker load
- Software microprocessor controlled
- Tetrode/Triode Switchable
- Auto Bias, Fault Sensing
- Current in-rush limiting
- Standby Mute function; with reduced tube current for increased tube life
- Fully bi-directional RS-232 control
- 650 watts per channel in tetrode; 330 watts per channel in triode
- Uses twelve 6550 or KT-88 tubes per monoblock
- Adjustable precision-regulated plate and screen supplies for stable operating point; discrete regulated input and driver supply for greater signal resolution and tonality
- Adjustable precision-regulated bias supply for greater signal resolution and noise rejection and improved isolation from mains supply variations; output operating point does not change with AC power fluctuations
- Improved Autobias and fault sensing system to operate in fully balanced differential mode; amplifier is fully protected against output tube failure; no need for precision matching of output tubes
- All premium Mundorf silver oil caps in signal path
- Film bypass of power supply caps for greater HF resolution
- Extruded aluminum front panel with luxurious, modern look – black and silver options available
- Precision regulated B+ and screen supplies
- Rigid construction and improved ventilation for lower operating temperature
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.