As new: Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Series 2 with remote a "Stereophile's Robert Harley favorite":
original Alpha DAC was a groundbreaking product, both in absolute
performance and in its spectacular value. The Alpha DAC Series 2 is
considerably better, and in musically significant ways." "The Alpha DAC
Series 2 would have received my highest recommendation had it cost
$15,000. Yes, it sounds that good. That it sells for $4995 qualifies as a
" —Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound, February 2012
Can play MQA's but not a MQA unit (not a important thing in my opinion) .
Please note: It is Up-gradable to MQA for $595 from the factory.
Controls & Indicators:
Input selects AES, SPDIF1, SPDIF2 or Toslink inputs
Lock LED indicates input signal lock
HDCD LED indicates HDCD code detected
Phase sets absolute phase
Invert LED indicates absolute phase inverted
3 digit LED display of Stereo/L/R attenuation, Sampling Rate and Filter type
± controls set attenuation level and select Filter type
Mode selects Stereo/L/R attenuation, Sampling Rate and Filter type display modes
Dim selects multiple display brightness levels
- Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
- Input word length: 24-bit
- Two channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
- Digital Inputs: AES - Single XLR 110Ω, SPDIF1 - BNC 75Ω, SPDIF2 - BNC 75Ω, Toslink - Optical
- HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
- Multiple digital filter options
- Balanced analog output level: +18dBu maximum, +12dBu or lower recommended
- Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
- Digital attenuation and balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step trim, 60dB range
- Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz
- for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
- Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
- THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
- Firmware field upgradeable through signal inputs
- Enclosure dimensions: 1.75”H X 16.5”W x 10.4”D, 19” rack mount option
- Mains power: 100/120/240VAC, 50/60Hz, IEC power input connector
- Power consumption: 25W, designed for continuous operation
is best to call David and visit: www.weinhartdesign.com with questions
in Los Angeles Showroom 310-472-8880 or on my cell after hours and weekends 310-927-2260 any time from 10AM - 10PM.
Design has lots of other items new and used and if you're in Los
Angeles or visiting please accept my invitation to experience our World
Class Audio Showroom and please visit our web site @ www.weinhartdesign.com
are always interested in purchasing quality Audio and Video items, LP collections and most quality trades are welcomed.
All sales out of California are State Sales Tax exempt.
California State Sales Tax of 9.5% applies for items picked up or shipped to a California address.
accept payments by Bank Wire Transfers without fees and is the only
form of payment on all sales out of the U.S. and Canada. We prefer this
method of payment and also makes shipping to addresses other than
VISA, MC and Papal are gladly accepted within
Changing the Way You Listen,
the U.S. and Canada as long as the charge is approved and shipping to
the billing address on record and adds 3% to cover costs.
call me directly in my world class showroom in Los Angeles weekdays @
310-472-8880 or any reasonable time on my cell including weekends @
310-927-2260 and I can answer your questions and help you with all of
your new and pre owned needs.
Weinhart Design, Inc.
President & CEO [email protected]
The Audio and Video Expert
2337 Roscomare Road, Studio #1
Los Angeles, California 90077
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.