Said by Harry Weisfeld (founder of VPI) Jan 12, 2020 1:38 pm
"I have been using the new 84" tall Apollo 12 speakers which are custom made AMT
drivers from 120 HZ up to god know what and very fast matching woofers all
running on 20 watt amps (105 dB efficient speakers) and I have never had this
much clean resolution that these new speakers let me hear.
I have no monetary interest in the (Arion Audio) Apollo speakers but as of now they are the best I have ever heard and highly recommend them"
Features & Benefits of Arion Apollo Loudspeakers
1. Room integration
- Arion speakers greatly simplify the process of system-room integration.
2. Equipment integration
- Primarily amplifiers to speakers. Arion Apollo speakers are directly coupled to the outputs of the amplifiers and are an easy load to drive.
3. High sensitivity
- High sensitivity speakers are much less likely to suffer from a truncated dynamic range or sounding compressed during music peaks. Amplifiers from as little as 1.5 watts per channel and up can be used with Apollo speakers.
4. Power handling
- Power handling coupled with high sensitivity allow the speaker system to reproduce uncompressed dynamic peaks. Dynamic contrast and uncompressed dynamics are essential to realistic music reproduction.
5. Light membrane driver elements
- Well controlled low mass driver elements coupled with strong motor assemblies excel
in transient response both in acceleration and de-acceleration. This is important
in resolving complex wave forms and low distortion.
6. True line array
- The vertical spectral content of
music is virtually the same throughout the length of the line so the seating
height does not matter with Apollo speakers unlike point source speakers where
it is important for the ears to be aligned in relationship with the tweeter.
Additionally, a true line source speaker has minimal vertical dispersion at any
frequency. Hence, there is no sound bouncing from either the floor or the
ceiling. No deleterious interference from these surfaces is created (as in
virtually all other kinds of speakers).
7. Dipole or open baffle
- A dipole true line array radiates sound in a figure 8 pattern from a polar response perspective. It’s clear to see that side wall interaction is reduced. Dipole speakers energize the listening room in a very natural way.
8. Open baffle woofer modules
- Open baffle woofers energize the listening room in a very natural way and integrate
seamlessly with the OB towers. There is no “speaker box” to control.
9. DSP with advanced auto room correction
- Excellent in-room response in both the amplitude and time domains at the listening position are easily achieved. Hassle free speaker-room integration. User adjustable to personal preferences. Multiple presets that can be changed on the fly.
10. Separate extended range AMT towers and woofer modules
- Separate cabinets allow the extended range line source dipole towers to be
placed in the perfect location to optimize soundstage and imaging for the main
listening position. The bass modules can be placed for optimum extended in-room
bass response and seamless integration with the full range towers. Multiple
woofer modules can be used in stacked or distributed configurations.
Please visit our website for more information. We are continuing to add more content so please check back often. https://www.arionaudio.com/
Please contact us to discuss possible configurations and options at 980-237-1988 or [email protected]
What people are saying about Arion loudspeakers:
"I heard your Apollo speakers at the Irvine show in California last June (2019) best sounding system at the show". David, CA
You are really on to something with your Apollo. The speed, openness and live qualities are on one of the best I have heard. Maybe even the best! - Magico owner
Several people have asked:
"Where can The Apollo System be auditioned?" The Apollo System can be auditioned at our showroom located in Charlotte, NC. Please contact us for other locations.
"What type of drivers are the HVT drivers?" The HVT drivers are our interpretation of the late Dr. Oskar Heil's ingenious AMT drivers. Our patent application is not for the AMT driver but what we have to do to use them in a line array.
Art Dudley's comments......"had many strengths—baritone sax on a live jazz recording was to die for…."
"I just have to say that those "Prototype Speakers" mentioned above? They were far and away the most clear, full and real sounding that I heard at the show. The transients were pretty flawless. And I think the "Lamm" gear gave them wings. The room? Tiny and filled with people and still they impressed me. Impressed me about ten times as much as the "Gryphons", sad to say."
“Can The Apollos be
driven by low power amplifiers?” The Apollo
towers are currently set up in our showroom driven by 3.5 watt per channel 2A3
tube amps. We can demonstrate the system using 1.5 watts per channel amplifiers
as well. The Apollo woofers need high power amplifiers of at least 150 watts
"Where is The Apollo System manufactured?" The AMT drivers are designed and manufactured by Arion
Audio and are designed and manufactured in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The
Apollos are available in custom finished and wood veneers.
Thank you for your