I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of electrostatics. They seem 'light' after a few days and I miss the dynamics of cones, however during 'testing' and set-up of these I found myself listening to music for hours. Whatever Martin Logan did with these panels, they need to keep it up! Huge soundstage, yet the panels are not overwhelming in the room. What blew me away is the amount of bass... and the accuracy at which these speakers delivered it. They can produce a very convincing large floor standing, conventional cone driver sound, yet with the open and wide sound of a flat panel.
I've used Jacintha's Moon River track for many demos. She's singing acapella in a sound booth. In the next room, someone is playing a single note on the piano to keep her on key through her headphones. If you listen close on a really good pair of speakers you can hear the notes, through her headphones
. You usually can't hear the notes until a minute of so into the song. With the Summit X's I started hearing them right away! I even heard her facial movements, lips and tongue like I had not heard before (hope that didn't sound weird). (We sell 6 figure speakers and we hear a lot of great stuff). This was just my experience, but I was impressed.
The speakers were a local, one owner trade-in and are very well kept. No smoke, pets or kids and they look like they are nearly new.
- XStat CLS Electrostatic transducer
- Dual 10" Cast basket, high excursion, aluminum woofers
- Precision Vojtko crossover uwing custom wound audio transformers, air coils and poly capacitors
- Lighting control for illuminated blue logo, back panel lighting and ground effect lighting
- Summit X is the first loudspeaker to use controlled dispersion PoweredForce technology
- Seamless woofer and panel blending technology
- 25 and 50Hz crossover tuning controls
- Ultra rigid aluminum framework
- Adjustable ETC spikes and rubber feet
- Massive open soundstage
- Extremely impressive low, high resolution bass done to 24 Hz
SPEAKER SPECIFICATIONS -
- DESIGN - Electrostatic transducer with blended dual cone bass / sub-woofer unit
- TWEETER - 44" x 11.3" Transducer
- WOOFERS - Two 10" cast basket, high excursion, aluminum cone
- FREQ. RESPONSE - 24Hz - 23kHz
- SENSITIVITY - 91 dB
- IMPEDANCE - 4 Ohms
- POWER HANDLING - 20-600 Watts
- DIMENSIONS/EA -(LxWxH) 21" x 12.7" x 60.9"
- WEIGHT/EA: 75 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
- Original Boxes and protective packing
- Speaker covers (monogrammed)
- Original Manual
- Floor feet kit (rubber feet and spikes)
- Power cords
CONDITION - Excellent. No scratches or dings found. Very slight edge dryness on the real wood veneer.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
DELIVERY - A commercial address or pick-up at the freight terminal are preferred since freight delivery to a residential address may incur an additional lift-gate ($50-$65) and residential fee. ($50-$75).
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been selling new, pre-owned and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether its a new purchase, trade-in, upgrade or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry.
Great audio is a journey not just a purchase. We'll guide you to the best gear within your budget.
CONTACT INFO -