Audition Audio was founded upon the basic premise that it is impossible to truly gauge the quality of a component unless you can audition it at home in your system. With this mind, we will make every effort to deliver to your home for consideration every component that we sell.
We are proud to announce that we are the newest authorized Zesto Audio dealer. Located in the Upper Midwest the two owners have over 50 years of combined 2 channel experience as enthusiasts and over 20 years of sales experience in audio.
Audition Audio also has a large supply of old stock tubes, tube testing and cable conditioning services.
Please contact us: 563-320-8797 (C.S.T.) or [email protected]
This listing features the Leto Ultra preamp. Dead quiet this component is able to extract extraordinary detail without sounding sterile or strident. Extremely organic sounding with great texture. Retains the sonic advantages of tubes without any of the baggage. 3 gain settings with a presence control are unique and extremely useful features. The presence control allows the user to deal effectively with bright or strident recordings through use of mid and high frequency filters . At a retail price of $ 9950.00 this unit is an exceptional value.
The preamp is the unsung hero of your system. Like a great actor who never seems to be “acting” it does all the work without getting noticed. As an engineer, my goal is to deliver the most pristine signal from your audio sources to your power amps
My own setup features lots of audio sources, so I wanted lots of inputs and a variety of gain settings. I also wanted it simple to use, so every adjustment is remote or manually controlled.
A unique feature I added is the Presence Control, which was born out of my frustration after finding some of my favorite recordings became unlistenable the more resolved my system became, regardless of the source. This new feature deals with the harmonic balance of the mid and high frequencies. Now I can easily adjust the balance for every song.
I have been enjoying this in my own listening and am certain you will too.
Focus on the Music
With the Leto in your system it will allow the sonic detail to come through, so you focus is on the music and the hardware will seem to disappear.
What is Leto?
In Greek mythology, Leto is the mother of Apollo.
Top 7 New Features of the Leto Ultra Preamplifier
1. New upgraded circuit topology delivers more musical detail with a tighter bass. It has a robust input design to handle higher output sources. Dynamic range is expanded by new circuitry that produces a higher output before distortion. Still 100% Analog tube circuitry throughout the signal path.
2. New tube configuration with the 12DW7 allows for the smoothest transition from the input section to outputs, providing the cleanest and most musical path for your signal.
3. New 3 gain positions 3dB, 6dB and 9db make the Leto Ultra one of the most versatile preamps available. It easily accommodates the many volume
differences from all your sources such as a high output DAC, as well as a low output phono. Your preferred gain settings are saved on each input and can be conveniently adjusted “on the fly” with the Remote or Manual control.
4. New 6 inputs for your many sources include 3 true dedicated transformer Balanced Inputs and 3 Single Ended. All are high quality, gold plated connectors for better conductance and less corrosion for the most reliable connection.
5. New 6 Position Presence Control adjusts the harmonic balance in the mid and high frequencies allowing you to dial back what you may consider to be too bright, edgy or aggressive. This is an exceptionally useful tool that addresses the inconsistencies of mastering from any source. It’s easily adjustable “on the fly” with your remote or manually for each piece of music.
6. New 9 button Remote control to conveniently adjust “on the fly” settings including Input, Volume, Presence, Mute, Mono and Gain. In case you misplace your remote, all features can be adjusted manually.
7. New LED indicators on the front panel clearly display all your adjustments.
Other Important Features you may want to know
- No solid state devices are used for switching the signals, only relays. This reduces noise and provides the most musical detail.
- The wide frequency response allows you to hear the finest passages in your music.
- Left and Right ground switches allows you to control the grounding of the outputs.
- The low impedance output transformers prevent the Power amp from affecting the line amp, thus providing the strongest and cleanest signal to your power amplifier.
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are premium quality, gold plated, with an isolated ground.
- All connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration.
- Automatically goes to mute when turned on or off, preventing any pops which could damage your speakers or surprise the hell out of you.
- The remote Mono feature helps you to trouble-shoot your system, especially phase issues, center balance and sound stage.
- Each preamp receives 50 hours of factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes.
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- On/Off power switch conveniently mounted on front side panel.
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”.
- 6 Inputs with remote or manual controls
- 3 sets of true transformer Balanced inputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance of 10K Ohms
- 3 sets of Single Ended inputs with an impedance of 100K Ohms
- Maximum input level of 7 Volts RMS
- 4 Line outputs
- 2 sets of true transformer Balanced outputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance 150 Ohms
- 2 sets of Single Ended outputs with an impedance 150 Ohms
- Maximum peak output level of 10 Volts RMS
- 2 Independent ground lift switches on the left and right outputs
- 6 position remote or manual Presence control
- Presence 0,-1, -2, -3, -4, -5 (low pass shelf)
- 0 = Not engaged
- -1 = 13Khz and above
- -2 = 8Khz and above
- -3 = 4Khz and above
- -4 = 2Khz and above
- -5 = 1KHz and above
- When the unit is turned on, or you switch inputs, the presence control will go to “0”
- Presence control defaults to 0 which disengages from the circuit
- 3 remote controlled Gain settings of 9dB, 6dB and 3dB
- Manual Gain switch on rear panel
- Gain setting is saved on each input
- Remote control Input, Volume, Mute, Mono, Presence and Gain settings
- All adjustments can be operated manually (just in case the remote is misplaced)
- Frequency response 10Hz to 40Khz ~ 2dB
- Distortion ~ 0.013% with 1V RMS input
- Signal to noise ~ 100dB below operating level
- Non inverting output polarity
- Cross talk >90dB
- 1% metal film resistors throughout
- Polypropylene capacitors throughout the audio path
- Power consumption 28W, 0 drain when off
- Voltage 110/120V AC 60Hz
- Optional factory installed 220V or 230/240V AC 50/60Hz
- Standard 3 pin IEC power connector
- ON/OFF power switch conveniently located on the side panel
- Two internal high quality linear regulated power supplies, 250V and 12V
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC82/12AU7
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC832/12DW7
- High quality gold pin ceramic sockets