Ask us about 6 months NO INTEREST thru PayPal.
See our Youtube videos and subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYPdjOHJdPgSkaF2FTy_TOw
Call us to discuss our great deals
Underwood Hifi is glad to announce that we are now selling Zesto Audio. We love their all American made products and while not inexpensive, we feel they offer a real value in the crazy world of insane hi-end pricing.
George Counnas designs great sounding products. His phono stages are second to none and the Leto Ultra preamp featured in this ad is our favorite tube preamplifier at even double its cost. We were shocked at how much better it sounded than our previous big selling PS BHK preamp. The unique contour control even makes poorly recorded music sound good on highly resolving systems.
This new Leto II version gets an upgraded ESP power supply. It is quieter and even more dynamic than the model it replaces.
We can give you $5,900.00 in trade for your PS Audio BHK preamp. Other Great trade-ins available. Call us to discuss what you have to trade.
In the January 2021 Stereophile they say: "When your reference preamplifier regularly bests all comers, ticking off the reasons why lesser equipment can’t compete becomes commonplace. The Zesto Audio Leto Ultra II preamplifier was a welcome deviation from that pattern. It blew out my preconceptions and expectations." "Superbly clean and transparent, the Leto Ultra II’s midrange-to–upper treble focus and lucidity was off the charts, giving fresh insight to familiar LPs. Silky and smooth, its tone was also good. With its user-friendly, logical options, the Leto Ultra II is among the very best line preamplifier’s I’ve heard, and it comes with a useful, innovative, fully defeatable tone control (the Presence feature), wrapped in an unusual, cosmetically striking frame.
Must be heard to be fully appreciated."
Read the entire review at:
In the Feb 2020 review by Positive Feedback Robert Levi says:
"The Zesto Audio Leto Ultra Preamplifier is Zesto Audio’s ultimate statement of preamplifier perfection. It is made 100% in America. The all-tube unit is chock full of useful and creative features a dedicated audiophile and music lover will enjoy, styling which would be right at home at MoMa, a flexible remote control without flaws, and Zesto’s best overall musical performance to date. Sonically superior to anything solid state I have ever heard, you would have to spend a ton more to equal its high definition and many features in the tube world."
"No tube preamp at any price is quieter or has better facilities to manage hum and noise in your entire system like the Leto Ultra. The Leto Ultra is one superior innovative product, and right at home in the Zesto line. My highest buy recommendation!"
Here are a few other quotes from the review:
"George created a preamplifier that is neutral with a bullet, remotely changeable to enhance lesser recordings or sources, has remotely adjustable outputs that provide unity gain with no editorializing, and uses fully balanced tube circuitry throughout...all on one normal-sized chassis. Plus, it is a 100% ultra-quiet advanced tube circuit super easy to roll. Joining the Bia amplifier and the Andros Deluxe phono, the new Leto Ultra preamplifier premiers in excellent company—the three most innovative and dramatic advances to date of AFFORDABLE state of the art musical reproduction in the home."
"The Leto Ultra soundstage is grand. From ceiling to floor and wall to wall, and front to infinity, the speakers disappear and the music flows. With a state-of-the-art source, expect a state-of-the-art performance from the Leto Ultra."
The new 2019 Ultra version replaces the extremely well reviewed Leto 1.5. From their website:
Zesto has announced their newest, all analog product - the Leto Ultra preamplifier, which replaces the discontinued Leto 1.5. Of particular interest are the ’tone controls’, the new Presence Control. George Counnas says, “This was born out of my frustration that the more resolved my system became, many of my favorite new and old recordings, became unlistenable due to the inconsistencies of the Mastering, regardless of the source. I realized the part that bothered me was the harmonic balance of the mid and high frequencies, the region that can be considered too bright, edgy, aggressive or fatiguing.” The 6 position Presence control easily allows you to dial it back without any technical knowledge required, just listen for the most enjoyable tonal balance for every song. George says, “It works great for your mood too, because sometimes I’m in the mood for lots of detail and sometimes I want it laid back and I can do it from my sofa with the remote.
Top 7 New Features of the Leto Ultra Preamplifier
1. New upgraded circuit topology delivers more musical detail with a tighter bass. It has a robust input design to handle higher output sources. Dynamic range is expanded by new circuitry that produces a higher output before distortion. Still 100% Analog tube circuitry throughout the signal path.
2. New tube configuration with the 12DW7 allows for the smoothest transition from the input section to outputs, providing the cleanest and most musical path for your signal.
3. New 3 gain positions 3dB, 6dB and 9db make the Leto Ultra one of the most versatile preamps available. It easily accommodates the many volume
differences from all your sources such as a high output DAC, as well as a low output phono. Your preferred gain settings are saved on each input and can be conveniently adjusted “on the fly” with the Remote or Manual control.
4. New 6 inputs for your many sources include 3 true dedicated transformer Balanced Inputs and 3 Single Ended. All are high quality, gold plated connectors for better conductance and less corrosion for the most reliable connection.
5. New 6 Position Presence Control adjusts the harmonic balance in the mid and high frequencies allowing you to dial back what you may consider to be too bright, edgy or aggressive. This is an exceptionally useful tool that addresses the inconsistencies of mastering from any source. It’s easily adjustable “on the fly” with your remote or manually for each piece of music.
6. New 9 button Remote control to conveniently adjust “on the fly” settings including Input, Volume, Presence, Mute, Mono and Gain. In case you misplace your remote, all features can be adjusted manually.
7. New LED indicators on the front panel clearly display all your adjustments.
In the first review of the original Leto Positive Feedback summed with:
"The Zesto Audio Leto 1.5 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier bests the 1.0 in features and in every parameter I can think of. It hosts improvements in the highs, mids, and bass which will mightily please audiophiles. It has improved definition and neutrality. It makes the music live in your high-end system. Plus, it is not more expensive, just improved and perfected! It even sports an excellent headphone output jack on the front panel for added pleasure. The 1.5 is a real keeper in my book and worthy of any system no matter how expensive.
This new Ultra preamp is another step forward in sounics and features
My congratulations to Zesto Audio. They did it again! Most highly recommended."
Stereophile summed the original Leto review with:
"I was very impressed with the Leto. Zesto Audio has produced a well-made, stunningly gorgeous product that gave me hours of pleasure as I listened to a wide range of recordings. In this crazy market of ever-increasing prices, a tubed line stage with so many strengths, so few and negligible weaknesses, and that can produce this level of musical satisfaction without costing somewhere in five figures, is commendable. In that sense, the Zesto Leto line stage is a veritable bargain."
Other Important Features you may want to know about:
- No solid state devices are used for switching the signals, only relays. This reduces noise and provides the most musical detail.
- The wide frequency response allows you to hear the finest passages in your music.
- Left and Right ground switches allows you to control the grounding of the outputs.
- The low impedance output transformers prevent the Power amp from affecting the line amp, thus providing the strongest and cleanest signal to your power amplifier.
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are premium quality, gold plated, with an isolated ground.
- All connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration.
- Automatically goes to mute when turned on or off, preventing any pops which could damage your speakers or surprise the hell out of you.
- The remote Mono feature helps you to trouble-shoot your system, especially phase issues, center balance and sound stage.
- Each preamp receives 50 hours of factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes.
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- On/Off power switch conveniently mounted on front side panel.
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”.
Call us at 770-667-5633 to discuss this fine preamplifier and all Zesto products.
If you are looking for a superb preamp that won’t bust the bank call me to discuss this beauty.
Read our over 13,700 points of AudiogoN #1 rated feedback and buy with confidence.
We accept PayPal, AMEX, Visa, Discover, MasterCard,bank wire transfers & money orders. No charge for credit cards.
Call 770-667-5633 with questions or to order this World Class preamplifier.
GA & HI residents add sales tax.
Brands carried: Audio GD electronics, Audio GE Teddy speakers, Bluesound music streamers & servers, Core Power Technologies A/V power conditioners and cables, Denon, DSPeaker room correction, EARMEN, ELAC speakers, Emerald Physics loudspeakers & amps, Focal headphones, HifiMan headphones, Iso-Acoustics, LSA speakers headphones, turntables & electronics, Marantz Reference, Martin Logan speakers & subwoofers, Melco servers, MOFI turntables, Musical Fidelity, Music Hall, Ortofon cartridges, Peachtree Audio, Project turntables, Quad speakers & electronics, Raal headphones, Sendy headphones, Silverline Audio, SPL electronics, Sumiko cartridges, Sweet Vinyl pop & click filters, Wireworld cables, Zesto Audio tube electronics
Sales policies on the Underwood Hifi Inc. website at www.underwoodhifi.com