The GSPre is the control center for your entire system. Its designed to handle the differing level of signals from various equipment including a turntable, CD player/DAC and media streamer.
The job of a preamplifier is to do its work discretely, leaving the musical signal with as little signature as possible yet still unraveling the layers of complex instruments that create the musical experience. With decades of expertise creating some of the finest preamplifiers ever produced, the GSPre continues the legacy on which Audio Research has built its reputation.
The GSPre is both a line stage and phono stage, with programmable functionality and flexibility, making it the perfect solution to adapt and grow in your system. The excellent phono stage is no mere afterthought, but a separate, vacuum tube-powered circuit providing enough gain for a variety of phono cartridges. When listening conditions require a more personal experience, the GSPre also has a headphone amplifier capable of driving a range of headphone impedances. The front panel layout is designed to simply and clearly display all functions and information, and integrates beautifully with the rest of the chassis and the G-Series amplifier.
This unit is a local trade in and has seen only 286 hours on the original tubes (total) . The chassis, face and remote are flawless and look new. The unit was meticulously care for. Includes all original accys, boxes and packing.
- Stereo Vacuum tube Line Stage
- Phono preamplifier
- Headphone amplifier
- Pure Class-A differential amplifiers in the Line stages, no feedback
- Pure Class-A SE amplifiers in the Phono stages, no feedback
- VF display with Blue LED’s for Phono Loads and mode selected, and rotating Volume & Input Select encoder
- Hand held IR Remote and RS-232 and remote IR inputs for whole home audio system
- Balance and SE input/output
- 7 levels of voltage regulation and a low noise R-core power transformer
- Phono stage features low noise JFET inputs and 6H30 outputs as well as programmable loading
- Line stage features low noise JFET inputs and 2 parallel 6H30 outputs
- Features custom designed coupling capacitors in the line and phono stages
- +12v trigger output to turn on power amplifier and other system components
- Low distortion vacuum tube headphone amplifier designed for driving a wide impedance range, 30-300 ohms
- Removable 15A IEC power cord.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 2Hz -80kHz (Line)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 5Hz -80kHz (Phono)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION - 0.002%
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO - 125dB (Balanced), 94dB (Phono)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 150K Ohms (Balanced), 75K Ohms (SE)
- PHONO IMPEDANCE - 100, 200, 500, 1000 or 47K ohms w/200pf unbalanced (adjustable)
- DIMENSIONS - (WxHxD) 18" x 7.8" x 18"
- WEIGHT /EA - 27 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
- Original boxes and packing
- Original Remote control
- Original manual and all papers
CONDITION - Near new / mint condition. No scratches or nicks. Low hours of use and repacked as new in original boxes.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been selling new, pre-owned and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether its a new purchase, trade-in, upgrade or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry.
Great audio is a journey not just a purchase. We'll guide you to the best gear within your budget.
CONTACT INFO -