This listing is for an SME model 309 tonearm in its original box with all accessories, used on one turntable, extra head shell and lifter, no cartridge is included.
The Series 300 broadens the application of SME technology.
A unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm is used for the Series 300 Model 309
The detachable magnesium head shell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
• Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
• New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
• Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
• Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
• Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
• Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
• 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
• Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
• Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
• Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
• Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
• Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
• Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
• Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
• Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
• New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
• Cartridge leads and internal wiring LCOFC litz.
• Balanced LCOFC audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
msrp is $3495.00 on the SME website in the UK, currently out of stock, offered for $2000.00 w free domestic shipping.
Guaranteed to be as described.
In stock and ships next day, underrated at an 8!
Revised shipping policy as of September 20, 2017.
Due to items lost or damaged in shipping, any item over $50.00 in
cost will require delivery confirmation and insurance for the sale
amount. It is unfortunate that this is necessary but experience has
proven it is well worth the small extra cost. We apologize for this, but
it is for the good of all involved.
All listings are plus shipping unless noted. 7.00% sales tax added
to all In-state destinations. This unit is guaranteed to be in "as
described" working condition (unless otherwise noted) upon arrival and
has a 60 day limited warranty, baring any abuse. 15% restocking fee on
all returns unless defective or "not as described"
We ship internationally on smaller items . Domestic packages are
shipped via Fed Ex. All international shipping quotes will include
insurance and delivery confirmation. Shipping charges reflect actual
cost of shipping, plus a nominal fee for packaging materials.
International shipments to countries that do not allow insurance,
buyer assumes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the safe shipment of their
packages. Sound Ideas cannot provide refunds or compensation for
packages shipped without shipping insurance. All shipping quotes for
packages shipped includes insurance.
Any item may be returned within 15 days for a full refund of the
purchase price, not including shipping, unless otherwise stated in the
ad. It must arrive back at our store in the same condition as
sent. 15% restocking fee on new items that were opened.
International purchases need to be returned with incoming custom's
duty prepaid, if any. Any postage or import duty that is due upon
arrival will be deducted from the refund. 15% restocking fee also on all
returns unless defective or "not as described."
Thank-you for your time and interest! Under rated at an 8!