For sale is a like-new, VAC Signature 200 iQ
power amplifier, which features the VAC iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System
- Kevin Hayes' latest VAC innovation. I bought it brand new for $14,000 in March 2018 to use with a pair of Focal Sopra 3s and it sounds awesome. It's by far the best amp I've owned, or heard for anywhere near this amount of money, but I rarely use it and now could use the money for my son's college tuition. My loss is your gain. I would estimate that it has about 150 hours of use, which is very little. It works perfectly and is simple to use.
The VAC 200iQ came with a standard set of VAC's stock Gold Lion KT88 tubes which I'm using, and I bought an extra set, which are still untouched (packed in bubble-wrap) and I'm including them in the price. I have the original box and packing materials and the cage as well. The build quality of this amp is amazing - it's built like a tank and weighs 100 lbs - it seems like it's built to last for many years. Reviews say that it's a major improvement in sound quality and technology from the previous model (the VAC Phi 200); and it has the automatic bias system which takes all of the guess work and headache out using a tube amp (see the review below). It has speaker connections for 1-2 Ohms, 2-4 Ohms and 4-8 Ohms and it was more than adequate to drive my Sopra 3s, although it can also be used in a pair if anyone wanted.
The pictures below don't do it justice. The front is a black gloss that almost looks like it has sparkles in it when you look close up - which you see in the pictures. There are no scratches or dings. It was installed by a professional audio company and I only took it out of the shelf to take pictures of it. I can send more pictures if anyone wants.
I know it's a lot of money, but I've priced it at the going rate for this amp used and it's a great deal for the number of playing hours. Also, I'd be happy to speak to anyone by telephone or over email who is serious about purchasing it.
I would not be selling it if I was using it and didn't need the money.
I'm willing to drive up to a couple of hours to meet someone after payment if they preferred (local pickup is easier), or could arrange shipping at the buyer's cost (shipping and insurance pre-paid). I don't know how much the shipping would be, as this is obviously a heavy item.
Here are some specs and helpful links. which I hope will help someone who is interested make a decision:
The dimensions of the amp are 8"W x 8.75"H x 17.25"D
. Here's a link to the product page: http://www.vac-amps.com/productPages/Signature200.html. You'll have to cut and paste it into a browser.
I believe that I have the manual somewhere - just need to look, but it's not a complicated amp. The amp doesn't come with a remote.
Here's a review of the 200iQ, which also compared it to the older Phi200. https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/762-vac-signature-200iq-stereo-amplifier
For quick reference, the serial number is: 1726801.
Specs from the VAC website:
Vacuum tube power amplifier with transformer coupled output
- VAC iQ Continuous Automatic Bias System ™
- Class A1 triode input & driver stages
- Direct coupled input & driver stages
- Low feedback design (6 dB)
- 12 volt trigger
- Detachable power cord
- IEC power receptacle
Fully balanced or single-ended input
Stereo or mono operation
100 watts/channel stereo continuous
200 watts mono continuous
Speaker Matching Taps
1-2 ohms, 2-4 ohms, 4-8 ohms
4 Hz to 85 kHz, +0/-3 dB
Full Power Bandwidth
13 Hz to 70 kHz, +0/-3 dB
Typically > 95 dB below rated output
- 200k Ohms, Stereo, Balanced
- 100k Ohms, Stereo, Single Ended
- 100k Ohms, mono, Balanced
- 50k Ohms, mono, Single Ended
- 30 dB, Stereo, Balanced
- 33 dB, Stereo, Single Ended
- 31 dB, Mono, Balanced
- 34 dB, Mono, Single Ended
Balanced input is Pin 2 positive.
- 4 x type 6SN7
- 4 x type KT88
- Compatible with KT120
- Electrically compatible with KT150 (may be too tall to fit under the cage)
Available factory set for 100, 120, 220, or 230/240 volt operation
- Cardas rhodium RCA jacks
- Neutrik XLR jacks
- Cardas rhodium binding posts
- 18" W x 17.25" D x 8.75" H
- 457 mm x 438 mm x 222 mm
- Excluding knobs & connectors
Designed & manufactured exclusively in the United States of America by VAC
Thanks for looking!