This listing is for a brand new unopened McIntosh C2600 vacuum tube stereo pre-amplifer from an authorized McIntosh dealer. If you are close enough to us it will also include the full factory warranty.
- Supports DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 files
- Upgraded tube circuitry design
The C2600 incorporates the best of the previous models while adding an advanced digital audio section with upgraded tube circuitry design.
The C2600 vacuum tube preamplifier has 16 inputs, the analog and digital sections are housed separately in a dual chassis design to prevent signal corruption.
Analog inputs include 3 balanced, 4 unbalanced plus 1 each dedicated Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono inputs. Digital inputs consist of 3 optical, 2 coax, 1 USB and 1 McIntosh exclusive MCT connection. Three sets of balanced and unbalanced analog outputs can connect the C2600 to the amplifier.
The C2600 features a 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback, also capable of decoding and playing DSD files; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. When paired with the SACD/CD Transport, the proprietary MCT input offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs in order to deliver the purest possible sound quality.
- Number of Channels 2
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.08%
- Frequency Response +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced) 16V RMS / 8V RMS
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced) 900mV / 450mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil) 0.45mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet) 4.5mV
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level) 100dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil) 75dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet) 75dB
- Voltage Gain (High Level) 15dB
- Voltage Gain (Moving Coil) 60dB
- Voltage Gain (Moving Magnet) 40dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced) 44K ohm, 22K ohm
- Balanced Input 3
- Unbalanced Input 4
- Phono Input Moving Coil 1 (adjustable)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet 1 (adjustable)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module No
- Digital Coaxial Input 2
- Digital Optical Input 3
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input 1
- Digital USB Input 1
- HDMI (ARC) Input 0
- Digital AES/EBU Input 0
- Balanced Fixed Output 0
- Balanced Variable Output 3
- Unbalanced Fixed Output 1
- Unbalanced Variable Output 3
- Headphone Output 1/4" High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Input Level Match Yes, +/- 6dB
- Home Theater PassThru Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Service Port 0
- Tone Controls Bass and Treble
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign Yes
- RS232 Control Input Yes
- Power Control Output 1 Main, 4 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port 6
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input Yes
- Multi-Chassis or Single Single, two layer
- Output Meters Yes
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State Vacuum Tube
(5) 12AX7a and (1) 12AT7
- Power Consumption (On) 50 Watts
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 17.5" (44.45cm) x 7.625" (19.37cm) x 18" (45.72cm)
- Weight 29.5 lbs (13.4kg)
- Shipping Weight 45 lbs (20.4kg)
Orig MSRP is $7500, offered unopened for $6700 with free delivery, or pickup.
In stock and ships next day.
Revised shipping policy as of September 20, 2017.
Due to items lost or damaged in shipping, any item over $50.00 in
cost will require delivery confirmation and insurance for the sale
amount. It is unfortunate that this is necessary but experience has
proven it is well worth the small extra cost. We apologize for this, but
it is for the good of all involved.
All listings are plus shipping unless noted. 7.00% sales tax added
to all In-state destinations. This unit is guaranteed to be in "as
described" working condition (unless otherwise noted) upon arrival and
has a 60 day limited warranty, baring any abuse. 15% restocking fee on
all returns unless defective or "not as described"
We ship internationally on smaller items . Domestic packages are
shipped via Fed Ex. All international shipping quotes will include
insurance and delivery confirmation. Shipping charges reflect actual
cost of shipping, plus a nominal fee for packaging materials.
International shipments to countries that do not allow insurance,
buyer assumes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the safe shipment of their
packages. Sound Ideas cannot provide refunds or compensation for
packages shipped without shipping insurance. All shipping quotes for
packages shipped includes insurance.
Any item may be returned within 15 days for a full refund of the
purchase price, not including shipping, unless otherwise stated in the
ad. It must arrive back at our store in the same condition as
sent. 15% restocking fee on new items that were opened.
international purchases need to be returned with incoming custom's
duty prepaid, if any. Any postage or import duty that is due upon
arrival will be deducted from the refund. 15% restocking fee also on all
returns unless defective or "not as described."
Thank-you for your time and interest!!