I do not want to part ways with these phenomenal speakers but came to the realization that with two babies under four they have only been used about 10 hours in the last 9 months. I was amazed at the stereo imaging and bass these little speakers can deliver which was shocking. When I heard them in Park Avenue Audio where I purchased them from they were pulled out from the wall a lot so was worried when I got them home it would be an issue but rest assured even with the small space I had them the tweeters on the rear is what made my listening experience so different than the other speakers I was using (B&W 8.3D).
Please note these are the SE+ which is the rare highest end version Sven Boenicke makes.
Sensitivity: 83-86 dB / watt / m depending on frequency
Nom. impedance: 4 ohms
Weight: 3.5 kg / piece (speaker only)
- 5″ long throw (X-max = 9,25mm) bass driver, tuned to 50 Hz, no crossover
- 3″ widebander made to spec, 1st order high pass filter, unique electromechanical 8-cm parallel spiral resonator installed
- Internal wiring orientation-optimised silk-wrapped high-frequency stranded litz
- WBT NextGen binding posts
- Rear ambient tweeter
- 16-cm spiral resonator installed at widebander and bass driver
- Mundorf Silver-Gold-Oil capacitor for widebander, added Duelund Tinned Copper Foil 0.01 uF bypass capacitor
- 16-cm spiral resonator installed at widebander and bass driver both parallel and in series
- Harmonix RF-5700 tuning bases at widebander’s magnet
- Added proprietary acoustic phase linearisation network