Stax SRM-007tII MKII Headphone Amplifier w/HeadAmp Upgrade Everything is in excellent condition, both cosmetically and operationally!
The operational principle of the electrostatic condenser type is based on a system whereby plus and minus output signals are input by push-pull into two electrodes sandwiching a diaphragm with a high level of accuracy and equidistantly, resulting in the vibration of an ultra-thin membrane through the repulsive force and suction force of static electricity, which is then converted into sound. The balance method, which is considered to be the ideal for amplification, is thus extended to speakers. The electrostatic system entails input by balance, output by balance, and sound conversion by balance, and, in realizing all these features, constitutes the perfect balance system. It is the only system that makes it possible to listen to sound in the ideal manner permitted by the balance system. The new SRM-007tII is our flagship model of a driver unit intended exclusively for earspeakers characterized by their wide range, high dynamic range and outstanding operating features with full allowance made for SACD and other new-generation high-density formats. The ultra-light polymer film, only a few microns thick, realizes unprecedented response and a high degree of resolution. Since it is driven on all sides, there is almost no partitioned vibration and there is no phase distortion. Nor is there any imbalance in the sound quality of the unit or distortion caused by the network. Electromagnetic distortion also does not occur. It opens up on the world of high sound quality that is the mark of headphone listening, a world characterized by the absence of need for large output, the high degree of freedom permitted by the use of high sound quality elements for use with small signals, and the even balance between left and right unaffected by acoustic conditions in the listening room.
- Frequency responseDC-100 KHz / +0, -1.5 dB
- Rated input level200 mV / 100 V Outputs
- Maximum input level 30 V r.m.s. / at Minimum volume
- Amplification 54 dB (x 500)
- Total harmonic distortion0.01% / 1 KHz, 100 V r.m.s. output SR-007 or SR-404 Signature, when using 1 unit
- Input impedance50 KΩ / XLR balance 50KΩ×2
- Number of inputsRCA×2, XLR×1 (balanced)
- Maximum output voltage340 V r.m.s. / 1 KHz
- Standard bias voltageDC 580 V
- Power voltage120-240V ±10%, 50 to 60 Hz (adjusted for your area)
- Power consumption55 W
- Temperature range for useBetween 0º and 35ºC, max. 90% (no condensation)
- External dimensions195 (w) x 103 (h) x 420 (d) mm
- Weight4.7 Kg
- Vacuum tubes 6S4A type x 4
Stax SR-007 MKII Electrostatic Earspeakers
Why are we so insistent on electrostatic speakers? Well, first of all, there’s the question of sound quality.
But a particular sound isn’t yet a wave motion of the air; it doesn’t yet get the eardrums vibrating. But a created sound about to come into being does the rounds of the neurons and the synapses. It dances around loftily or stealthily in the cranial universe of the composer or the performer. STAX earspeakers trace this sound. The method employed in this connection has to be electrostatic, because delicate sounds must not get lost. Delicate sounds are important elements of textural recreation. The main issue faced by pure audio is its re-creativity capacity. The question is how to convert the delicate opening wave patterns that determine tonal quality faithfully into air vibrations. This is the principal merit of electrostatic speakers. This is the only system that has the potential to recreate the most minute nuances with complete accuracy. SR-007 MK2 is the flagship model that aims to achieve the peak among STAX electrostatic speakers. They possess strong drive power in respect to the diaphragm due to the provision of an area in which there are no holes whatsoever on the outer ring of the electrodes (fixed poles) that were completed after an extended process of design and productions of prototypes. They succeed to the new generation units that realize a high degree of linearity in the aperture area. After attachment to a thick insulated resin case, they are fixed to a strong aluminum machined enclosure and shut out unwanted vibration. The cable is designed with the most appropriate structure for transmitting signals to the electrostatic transducer, and use is made of STAX original cables employing high-purity PC-OCC conductors that achieve outstanding sound quality due to their extreme thickness and low capacity. The new product SR-007 MK2 features improvements to the connecting area between the unit and the cable and achieves further improvements in transmission capacity and reliability. The mechanism unique to the SR-007 series whereby the enclosure and the ear pads rotate independently of one another makes it possible to achieve a positioning that exactly fits the ear shape of each individual listener. Where do the music of the spheres and the vibration of the cosmos begin and end? Specifications of SR-007MK2 Electrostatic Earspeakers
- Type: Push-pull electrostatic open-air type headphone
- Frequency response : 6 to 41,000 Hz
- Impedance : 170 KΩ (at f = 10 KHz
- Capacitance : 94pF (including cable)
- Sensitivity : 100 dB / 100 V r.m.s. at f = 1 KHz
- Bias voltage : 580 V / DC
- Left & Right Channel identifications :
- Left (L) and Right (R) indicators are provided at the cable en trance points on the Earspeakers.
- The left channel cable is marked with a solid Line.
- The right channel is marked with a dotted Line.
- Ear pads : Real leather (Lamb) used on a part coming into contact with the skin.
- High-quality leather used for the surrounding part.
- Cable : 2.5m, PC-OCC, wide, low capacitance cable
- Weight : 365 g (Body) , 512g (Including cable)
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 35
- Humidity range for use: Less than 90% (without condensation)