The Reference 6 was not simply a market-driven product, but rather, a solution to a need which arose after the creation of the Reference SE Series amplifiers. According to Warren Gehl, who is responsible for sonic development of all Audio Research products, the new series of Reference amplifiers offer a level of musical and dynamic capability only made apparent when using the flagship, two-chassis Reference 10 preamplifier. Both preamplifiers of the Reference Series need the ability to provide the full benefit of this new sonic landscape. Increasing the tube count to six in the analog section, and advancements in the power supply improved both macro- and microdynamics and lowered distortion.
The Reference 6 also offers better bass control, relaxed purity and more dimensionality. Further improvements include a more grainless presentation, greater transparency, better speed, and more continuity across the musical spectrum. Quite simply, the Reference 6 improves upon its predecessor in every way for a more palpable and immediate musical performance. Numerous elements – transformers, capacitors, wiring – are designs exclusive to Audio Research and the Reference 6.About this product
Certified pre-owned Audio Research REF6 Tube Stereo Linestage in Silver or Black finish. Audio Research has discontinued the REF6.
Unit is rated 9/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age.
Unit is factory sealed and comes with a 1-year factory warranty.
Photos are stock images.Specifications
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +0-3dB, 0.4Hz to 200kHz at rated output (Balanced, 200k ohms load)
- DISTORTION (THD): Less than .01% at 2V RMS BAL output
- NOISE & HUM: 1.7uV RMS residual IHF weighted balanced equivalent input noise with volume at 1 (109dB below 2V RMS output.)
- GAIN: Main output: 12dB Balanced output, 6dB SE output. Record out: 0dB (Processor input: 0dB BAL output)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 120K ohms Balanced, 60K ohms SE. Inputs: 4 balanced, 4 single-ended. Assignable processor passthrough.
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 600 ohms Balanced, 300 ohms SE Main (2). 20K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance. Outputs (3): 2 main, 1 record out (XLR and RCA connectors).
- OUTPUT POLARITY: Non-inverting
- MAXIMUM INPUTS: 18V RMS BAL, 9V RMS SE
- RATED OUTPUTS: 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200K ohm balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 70V RMS at less than 0.5% THD at 1kHz)
- POWER SUPPLIES: Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 45 sec. warm-up/brown-out mute. Line regulation better than .01%.
- TUBE COMPLEMENT: (6) 6H30P, plus (1 each) 6550WE and 6H30P in power supply.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-250VAC 50/60Hz) 160 watts. Standby: 2 watts.
- OTHER: Crosstalk: -88dB or better at 1kHz and 10 kHz. Controls: Rotary encoders: Volume (103 steps), Select Input. Push Buttons: Power, Menu, Enter, Mono, Invert, Mute.
- DIMENSIONS: Width: 19” (48 cm). Height: 7.8” (19.8 cm). Depth: 16.5” (41.9 cm). Handles extend 1.6” (4 cm) forward of the front panel.
- WEIGHT: 37.5 lbs. (17 kg) Net; 49 lbs. (22.3 kg) Shipping.
Paragon has resumed normal shipping operations, though major delivery carriers are still experiencing some delays. Our showroom has re-opened to the public, and we continue to offer curbside service. We thank you for your patience and continued support.Additional Information
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: Paragon Pre-Owned & Specials