People still want to play their CDs, but they also want to add other digital sources such as computer audio to their music systems, so ARC created the Reference CD9 CD Player/DAC.
It combines the best of both, a super high-resolution compact disc player with a super high-resolution digital-to-analog converter that is stunning in its musicality.
About this product
Factory refurbished Audio Research Reference CD9 in Silver finish Audio Research has recently discontinued the Reference CD9.
Unit is factory sealed and comes with a full factory warranty.
This product has been recently discontinued by Audio Research. Photos are stock images.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +0-3dB, 3Hz to 96kHz at rated output. 0.15dB 20Hz to 20kHz. (Balanced, 200k ohms load)@ 192kHz sample rate.
- DISTORTION: THD+N Less than .003% at 2V RMS BAL output.
- SIGNAL-NOISE-RATIO: 110dB
- DYNAMIC RANGE (AES17): 110dB
- IMD (SMPTE): .002%
- RMS NOISE LEVEL: -95dBV (20-20kHz)
- GAIN: 14.0dB Balanced, 7.0dB SE.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: Digital: 75 ohms RCA, 110 ohms AES/EBU, OPT 660nm TOSLink fiber 44.1 to 96kHz.
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 660 ohms Balanced, 330 ohms SE Main (2), 20K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance.
- OUTPUT POLARITY: Non-inverting.
- MAX. OUTPUT: At 0.0dB input, 5V RMS into 200K ohm balanced load.
- DIGITAL SAMPLE RATES: 24 bits @ 44.1kHz to 192kHz, SPDIF, AES/EBU and USB 2.0 HS.
- UPSAMPLING: Select upsampling or Native mode; CD, RCA, AES/EBU, TOS upsample to 176.4 or 192kHz. USB upsamples to 88.2 or 96kHz.
- MASTER OSCILLATOR: 22.579mHz ±20Hz for 44.1, 88.2 & 176.4kHz. 24.576mHz ±20Hz for 48, 96 & 192kHz.
- OUTPUTS DIGITAL: XLR Balanced AES/EBU 110-ohms 4V P-P, BNC coax SPDIF 75-ohms 0.7V P-P.
- INTRINSIC JITTER: <10ps
- CHANNEL SEPARATION: 107dB @ 1kHz.
- PUSH BUTTONS: Power, Previous, Stop, Pause, Play, Next, Input.
- SIGNAL FORMAT (DISC): Sample freq. 44.1kHz, Quantization bit; 16bit linear/channel, Channel bit rate; 4.3218Mb/sec, Channel modulation code; EFM (8-14 modulation), ERROR CORRECTION; CIRC. Drive Mechanism (Top Load) Wow & Flutter; Un-measureable (Quartz stability); Discs; Accepts 5" (12cm) and 3" (8cm) sizes.
- OPTICAL PICKUP: Type; 3-beam LDGU (Laser Diode & Grating Unit), with holographic diffraction light pen, Laser; GaAlAs semiconductor, 780nm, 0.5mW max. output, Servo; Digitally-controlled low inertia linear positioning actuator.
- JITTER REDUCTION: High-stability crystal-controlled re-clocking for all outputs.
- DISPLAY: Six-digit vacuum fluorescent with optical filter; LED display; CD, AES, USB, RCA, TOS, Fast, Slow, Upsample, Power, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz.
- TUBE COMPLEMENT: (4) 6H30 dual triodes, plus (1) 6550WE & 6H30 in power supply.
- REMOTE BUTTONS: Repeat track/disc, 0-9 digit entry keys, Scan ten seconds each track, Pause program, Stop program, Play, Shuffle tracks, Program enters selection on program list, Time elapsed, remaining track, remaining disc, A/B repeat segment, Filter select, Input select, Pause, Play, Skip>, Skip<, FF, FR, Upsample/Native mode, DSP-DN, DSP-UP.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50/60Hz) 120 watts maximum. Sleep mode 1 watts maximum.
- DIMENSIONS: Width 19" (48 cm); Height 5.25" (13.4 cm) (standard rack panel); Depth 15.375" (39 cm)
Paragon has resumed normal shipping operations, though major delivery carriers are still experiencing some delays. Our showroom has re-opened to the public, and we continue to offer curbside service. We thank you for your patience and continued support.Additional Information
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: Paragon Pre-Owned & Specials