Meridian has invented a number of significant concepts in high quality home audio/video, including the audiophile Compact Disc player, the DSP loudspeaker and the digital surround processor.
Meridian has established an unequalled reputation for outstanding use of digital audio and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology in our products, giving us unprecedented quality, flexibility and functionality. The 861 Version 6 represents the latest incarnation of Meridian’s ground- breaking DSP control and processing system for high-quality audio and video signals.
Its card-based construction allows the
unit to be configured to suit your personal requirements – as well as helping to future- proof the system by being able to accept new cards with additional features as they are developed.
The 861 Version 6 features Meridian’s
unique ‘apodising’ upsampling filter, which makes standard resolution audio sources sound like high-resolution. It also includes Meridian Room Correction, an innovative, semi-automated method of managing a room’s acoustic behaviour for improved clarity, imaging and overall realism.
Since its introduction in 1998, the Meridian 861 Reference Digital Surround Controller has consistently offered the industry’s highest standard in surround processing and system control.
The 861’s modular architecture allows each unit to be individually specified and manufactured. Modular architecture also means that as technology standards advance and new features are developed existing 861s can be upgraded – adding new processing features and connectivity; a service that maintains the value of the customer’s original investment.
This sixth version of 861 – the 861 V6 Reference Digital Surround Controller
– incorporates SpeakerLink output connectivity for up to eight channels of Meridian DSP Loudspeakers and an eight-channel MMHR input as standard features. It also incorporates a number of other connectivity and performance updates which makes the 861 V6 ideal for today’s market and easy to specify.
861 V6 makes a perfect front end for the ‘Class A’ rated Meridian Digital Theatre, where the 861 can receive super-high- resolution digital signals in MHR SmartLink format from a Meridian optical disc transport such as the companion 800.
Core Cards, The following cards are fitted as standard inside a Meridian 861 Version 6:
○ IE44 6x Digital Audio Inputs, Phono, D1 to D6 can be configured as 2x six-channel digital inputs with Meridian SmartLink performance. 2x Optical Audio Inputs, Toslink. SpeakerLink Input, RJ45. Meridian Multi-channel High Resolution (MMHR) Input, RJ45.
○ IA04 6x Analogue Stereo Inputs, Phono. Can be configured as 2x six-channel analogue inputs.
○ OE14 8x Digital Output, SpeakerLink. L, R, C, SUB, Side L, Side R, Rear L, Rear R.
○ CD20 & EF20: Internal (no rear panel) 48-bit DSP cards each containing two Motorola 56367 chips running in dual precision mode, each card offering 300 MIPS (million instructions per second) capability.
○ CO00 Control computer card. Complete with Flash memory, RS232 port for control and status, 3x configurable trigger outputs and 2x Meridian Comms.
Optional Cards added:
○ OA08 Analogue Output card, with 4x Analogue Outputs, Phono, configurable, with 24- bit, 192kHz DAC.