Wilson Benesch A.C.T. One Evolution Store Demo.
*Finish: P1 Ettore Ferrari inspired blue carbon fiber finish upgrade.
8/10 condition. Shipping via insured freight on a pallet at buyers cost. Credit card add 3%. Wire/Check preferred. Local pick up available.
These speakers are on display in our retail showroom in Leawood, KS and available to be auditioned.
The Geometry series speakers provide texture. The sound is holographic and layered, more like a painting than a photograph. I find their musical presentation addictive. When you close your eyes, you get lost in the music. It is a surreal experience. Not only do the speakers have a world class sound but they also have an elegant and luxurious appearance with a sleek and modern form factor. In my opinion the Geometry series embodies what the two channel listening experience is all about— adding dimension and depth to music while provoking a strong emotional response.
The name A.C.T. is an acronym for ‘Advanced Composite Technology’ - it is a reference to the carbon fibre composite technologies upon which the Wilson Benesch brand was founded and subsequently has become synonymous with.
The A.C.T. One Evolution is a full range, 4-way acoustical, 2.5-way
electrical, floor standing loudspeaker that incorporates the latest drive unit and cabinet construction technology derived from one of the company’s engineering masterpieces, the Cardinal loudspeaker.
Taken as a whole, the A.C.T. One Evolution — with its characteristic foot design, drive technology and alloy baffle — is a pure Geometry Series thoroughbred.
“The A.C.T. One Evolution is the distillation of all the engineering and materials science development that Wilson Benesch can throw at a loudspeaker… where the original A.C.T. One began ‘tabula rasa’, the A.C.T. One Evolution draws upon drive unit technology and high compression cabinet construction derived from two decades of loudspeaker design...
Alan Sircom, HIFI+, Issue 130
- (1) 1 inch Wilson Benesch Semisphere tweeter
- (2) 7 inch Wilson Benesch Tactic II mid-range drive units
- (1) 7 inch Wilson Benesch Tactic II bass drive unit
- Poly-alloy hybrid construction
- High performance carbon composite A.C.T. monocoque
- Lower mid range ported enclosure
- Upper mid range ported enclosure
- Bass ported enclosure
- 2.5-way floor standing loudspeaker
- Impedance: 6 ohm nominal / 4 ohm minimal
- Sensitivity: 89dB at 1 metre on-axis, 2.83V input
- Frequency response: 34Hz - 30KHz +/- 2dB
- Minimum amplification power recommendation: 100 W / channel
- Crossover frequency: 180Hz / 500Hz / 5kHz
- Height: 46.8 inches
- Width: 9.1 inches
- Depth: 15.7 inches
- Volume: 46L
- Weight per speaker: 110 pounds