Like many Audio Research products, the newer Ref 250SE is stunning. Even more impressive is its lack of any audible background noise. In fact its so quiet, that subtle nuances in music you know, tend to come to life and jump from your system. The 250SE, may be so different from what you're used to hearing, your ears may need to 'break-in' to the finesse and ease as which these amplifiers convey musical magic.
With this redesign, comes a sound that has slam. Yes, I said that about tube amps. They are extremely musical, accurate, clean, fast and powerful. These are the amps that speakers dream of being driven by.
This one owner pair is really in mint condition. They are without flaw and include everything that a new pair comes with.
The amps and original tubes have only 467 Hours total. Tube bias is holding tight and was checked regularly on the easy front panel display.
- Updated modern design
- Panel meters with adjustable lighting level
- Massive power output and control
- New ultra-quiet fans
- Factory matched KT150 tubes
- New oversized power supply
- Balanced and unbalanced connections
- Perfect condition and will arrive like new.
AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS -
- POWER OUTPUT: 250 watts per channel continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 0.5% at 250 watts, below .04% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at "clipping" 270 watts.
- POWER BANDWIDTH: (-3dB points) 5Hz to 70kHz.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 0.5Hz to 110 kHz.
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: 2.4V RMS Balanced for rated output. (25.5 dB gain into 8 ohms.)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 200K ohms Balanced.
- OUTPUT TAPS: 4, 8, 16 ohms.
- OUTPUT REGULATION: Approximately 0.9dB 16 ohm load to open circuit (Damping factor approximately 10).
- OVERALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: 8.8dB.
- SLEW RATE: 20 volts/microsecond.
- RISE TIME: 1.5 microseconds.
- HUM & NOISE: Less than 0.2mV RMS 110dB below rated output (IHF-A weighted, input shorted, 16 ohm output).
- POWER SUPPLY ENERGY STORAGE: Approximately 900 joules.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-130VAC 60Hz
- TUBES REQUIRED: 3 Matched pair KT150 (Power output V1-6); 1 Matched pair KT150 (Driver V8-9); 2 6H30 (Gain stage V7 and Regulator Driver V10); 1 6550C (Regulator V11). - INCLUDED
- DIMENSIONS (WHD): 19" x 8.75" x 19.5" (Each)
- WEIGHT: 73 lbs (Each)
IN THE BOX -
- Original Boxes and packing
- Original Manuals and paperwork
- Original 20A power cords
CONDITION - The original owner of these amplifiers treated them like they were priceless. They were kept in a dedicated listening room, regularly dusted and covered, and are mint condition. No scuffs, scratches or imperfections. The only way to find a cleaner pair would be to buy them new.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
DELIVERY - These amplifiers will ship in original boxes wrapped and strapped to a small pallet for safe delivery. A commercial address or pick-up at the freight terminal are preferred since freight delivery to a residential address may incur an additional lift-gate ($50-$65) and residential fee. ($50-$75).
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been selling new, pre-owned and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether its a new purchase, trade-in, upgrade or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry.
Great audio is a journey not just a purchase. We'll guide you to the best gear within your budget and are always available for after the sale support.
CONTACT INFO -