**Please click here to check out our newly launched SkyFi Audio website with additional items for sale**
It would be a shame to break up this amazingly capable and desirable set, so we’re going to hold out and see if we can tempt a single buyer.
This special KI Ruby series is the top of the top from Marantz, and has received only stellar reviews since inception.
These were made in very limited quantities, and once they were gone they were gone. Note the silkscreen AND molded signature from Ken Ishiwata.
"Engineered and extensively tuned by legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players"
Both pieces are looking and working like the day they left the factory. Complete with every original included bit. Hardly used and looking like new.
These are out of stock on most every authorized retailer, and they won’t be making any more.
Click here for the full and outstanding review on both pieces from The Absolute Sound by Paul Seydor
"Six years ago I began my review of Ishiwata’s Reference Series by observing that it was impossible not to be impressed by them. The same is true of these new Rubies, yet I would also add that it is equally impossible not to be impressed by the value they offer. Think about it: You have a 100Wpc amplifier (typically 150W or more); a preamplifier with a phonostage and a number of useful features; and an SACD/CD player with a built-in DAC that together will handle virtually every digital medium for the playback of music in the home—all of superlative performance, plus quality of build, parts, manufacturing, and workmanship that cannot be faulted."
More from Marantz direct on both pieces follows below:
Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier
Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the PM-KI Ruby amplifier has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. It features a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp — plus, a moving coil/moving magnet phono stage complete with Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit and Marantz HDAM technology for signal purity and exceptional audio quality. PM-KI Ruby is built on a vibration-resistant double layer chassis with thick aluminum panes for rigidity and features a laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature to commemorate his legacy.
• Engineered and extensively tuned legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
• Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM technology
• Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
• Generous output: 100W + 100W (into 8ohm), 200W + 200W (4ohm)
• Fully-discrete, two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
• Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound
• Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry
• HDAM® SA3 circuitry for clean signal and optimal dynamics
• MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit
• Thick nickel-plated copper independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz-original high-quality/high-purity copper-plated speaker terminals
• Linear volume control with new electric volume system
• High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminum top lid, solid aluminum front and copper-plated chassis
• High-grade, carefully selected audio parts: ultra-low leak current Schottky diodes, low noise complementary transistors, high-grade resistors, newly developed custom electrolytic capacitors, audio grade film capacitors and mica capacitors.
• Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ishiwata’s 40-year Marantz legacy
Dimensions: 17.32″ x 5″ x 17.83″
Weight: 34.61 lbs.
Marantz SA-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Super Audio CD Player with DAC
Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the SA-KI Ruby SACD player has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. Features the same disc mechanisms as the SA10 that play SACDs, CDs and compilations on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. The SA-KI Ruby includes an asynchronous USB input that handles formats up to PCM/DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz and treats all digital music with a unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology. By up-converting all file formats to DSD, using advanced filtering and processing and direct 1-bit conversion to feed the analogue outputs, the SA-KI Ruby delivers sound with remarkable clarity, effortless dynamics and exceptional presence—plus, features a laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature to commemorate his legacy.
• Engineered and extensively tuned by legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players
• Marantz-proprietary SACD/CD mechanism “SACDM-3” designed purely for audio
Playback of SACD/CD and compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
• Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM/DXD 384kHz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz
• Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from connected sources
• Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering “MMM-Stream” up-sampling to DSD and filtering
• Custom-designed 1-bit direct “MMM–Conversion” from DSD to analogue
• New analogue output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 technology and low impedance output
• Power supply with toroidal transformer
• Dedicated headphone amplifier with all-discrete HDAM-SA2 construction
• Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ishiwata’s 40-year Marantz legacy
Dimensions: 17.32″ x 5″ x 16.5″
Weight: 37.7 lbs.
Thanks for looking and please click here if you’d like to receive a list of new equipment we receive weekly. We promise not to bombard you with junk email.
PURCHASING FROM SKYFI:
This item will be professionally packaged and insured for safe transit to your home unless you opt for local pickup from our shop. Please note that all local pickup items are only wrapped with industrial strength clear cling stretch wrap if the original manufacturer packaging is unavailable.
Local pickup is available in Glen Rock, NJ, just a half hour drive from Midtown Manhattan, with convenient parking near our building.
And if you’re looking to ship to Canada, simply follow this link to view and purchase this item. We ship to Canada via UPS Worldwide Expedited service and you’re responsible for any applicable import duties and taxes.
If we don’t have the original manufacture’s packaging, we use heavy duty double-ply corrugated boxes with custom made to your item Instapak expanding foam custom inserts. In many cases this has proven to be better than the original packaging! We also use high quality fiber reinforced tape to seal our packages. Lightweight items will be bubble wrapped and shipped in a high-quality box.
Click here for specifics on our specialized packing process that separates us from the rest.
NJ Residents or anyone picking up without a resale certificate will need to pay NJ Sales Tax.
Thanks for looking and be sure to call us at 201-879-0000 with any questions.
WHO WE ARE:
SkyFi Audio is a small startup business specializing in the purchase, reconditioning, and reselling of select high-end audio equipment. We only buy equipment the we admire and are passionate about. No mid-fi, no gimmicks, no junk.
Each piece of equipment is cosmetically restored and fully tested in our well-equipped lab by an engineer with 30+ years of experience in the HiFi world. If it does not meet or exceed the original manufactures specifications, it will not be sold. We are very selective about the equipment we purchase, focusing on mostly analog, high-build quality, American, and European built units.
Through our sister company which is an authorized dealer for McIntosh, Audio Research, Sonus Faber, ClearAudio, Pro-Ject Audio Systems, and Sony ES, we have access to OEM parts, service, and support. If you’re local and looking for new equipment from the above-mentioned manufacturers, please drop us a line as we can arrange both sales and professional installation in the tri-state area.
We do not accept or review any offers that do not go through the official Audiogon system. We have too many items for sale and it’s nearly impossible to keep track of offers outside of the official system. Please don’t message, email, or text any offers.
We prefer working through PayPal which allows you to use a credit card, bank transfer, and their special financing to spread out payments over six months. We do not charge extra for any PayPal fees if you purchase the item at the asking price. You can also send us a personal check (which will need to clear before shipping), certified check, money order, or bank wire transfer. International clients without access to PayPal should use a bank wire transfer.
If you’re picking up an item, we do not accept PayPal. You must pay in person with a certified check, bank check, or wire transfer. If you make a PayPal payment and are picking up the item, your PayPal payment will be returned.
TRADE IN POLICY:
We accept trade-ins of equal or lesser value under certain conditions. Simply click here to submit your gear for full consideration. We will only consider high-end equipment from mainstream manufacturers such as McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Audio Research, Krell, etc. and will typically pass on displays, projectors, receivers, dated surround processors, and mid-fi equipment of any type. We will offer a fair value for your equipment, but keep in mind we’re running a business and will need to be able to resell the equipment at a profit after investing a great deal of time and resources in testing, certifying, repairing, cleaning, and packaging the incoming equipment. If you’re looking for top dollar, we suggest selling direct on your own.
SELL US YOUR GEAR (Working or Broken):
We’ll also purchase your used or broken gear and arrange pickup if you’re in our local market. Simply click here to submit your gear for full consideration.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT:
We are currently operating from our shop inside our dedicated building in Glen Rock, NJ. You’re welcome to make an appointment if there’s a piece of equipment you’d like to see in operation before or after purchase. We have several well-equipped and dedicated listening areas, plus a dedicated listening studio with tons of equipment of all makes and models. We’re not a store, so please don’t make an appointment if you’re just curious as to how a speaker or piece of equipment sounds. In essence - no tire kickers please.
You can call or text 201-879-0000 with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We can also arrange to install, calibrate, and tune your newly purchased gear in your listening room if you’re local to our area. This is super useful when purchasing large speakers or heavy amplifiers. It’s also great for ensuring your new turntable is setup correctly in its final resting place.