LPs are NEW. NEVER CLEANED. NEVER PLAYED. JUST OPENED AND RE-SLEEVED.
- ORIGINAL 1971 U.S. LONDON RECORDS PRESSING
- NEVER PLAYED
- NOT A RE-ISSUE -- NO DIGITAL SOURCING. TRUE ANALOG SOUND!!!
- NOT A RECORD CLUB PRESSING
Rolling Stones ~ Hot Rocks ~ RARE 1971 Shelley Mis-Pressing ~ NEW ~ OPENED 19 DEC 20
The Rolling Stones, Hot Rocks 1964-1971, RARE 1971 Shelley Mis-pressing, NEW — Opened 19 Dec 2020 History and Condition:
- These LPs will ship via FREE FedEx Residential Ground.
- They will be packaged in an appropriate mailer for protection.
- They will be sent same / next day, depending upon time / day purchased.
- Tracking number will be sent to the buyer.
I’ve got nine boxes of LPs (in addition to those on my shelves) that I’ve accumulated over the years. I finally started going through them, and found a sealed copy of Hot Rocks that I’d forgotten I had, with an outer jacket identical to the Lee Hulko/Sterling Sound pressing I’ve got on the shelf. I decided to open it (19 Dec), since that was the only way I could see what version it was.
I opened the shrink, leaving it on the jacket, took the LPs out, removed them - one at a time - from the inner sleeves, annotated the runout data, and immediately put them into Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves. (photo 7) To be clear, these LPs….
….have NOT been cleaned
….have NOT been played
….and are BRAND SPANKING NEW!
The only marks on them - and they are MINIMAL
- are from sitting in paper sleeves for the past FORTY-NINE
The only way you’ll get a newer set is to jump into a time machine (‘Paging Dr. Wells’), go back to 1971, buy one from a record store, and luck out when you open it.
In addition to the jacket openings, there is a small tear in the shrink wrap, top center rear. (see photo 3) Information From Discogs:
Runout Data (an exact match to what’s on these LPs):
- Rare first pressing dated 11-18-71 with alternate versions of "Brown Sugar" and "Wild Horses”.
- These alternate versions first appeared in the 1970 documentary ‘Gimme Shelter’.
- In order to identify this rare pressing, the requirements are that vinyl must have the etched date "11-18-71" and the word "Shelley" on side 4 runout. (see photo 12)
- It doesn't matter if this date and this word is present also on the other three sides.
- Some copies contain the folded-insert "211 reasons why The Rolling Stones is the world’s greatest rock and roll band”. (see photo 7)
- Side 1: XZAL 11015 Shelley S 2 STERLING LH
- Side 2: XZAL 11016 11-18-71 S 3 STERLING LH
- Side 3: XZAL 11017 Shelley S 3 STERLING LH
- Side 4: XZAL 11018 Shelley 11-18-71 S 2 STERLING LH
- Disc 1 Label: 2PS 606
- Disc 2 Label: 2PS 607
- Side 1: XZAL 11015 SH
- Side 2: XZAL 11016 SH
- Side 3: XZAL 11017 SH
- Side 4: XZAL 11018 GL SH