The GFA-5400 comes from a a family of amplifiers designed to be giant killers. Amplifiers capable of sound qualities of well known models 2 -3X their price. The 5400 uses multiple high-current discrete output transistors, each capable of handling large amounts of power. The 5400 actually produces considerably more dynamic power that the power measurement suggest. All of this is possible since the power comes from a tightly regulated, high-current toroidal transformer.
This amp was just acquired locally. We bench tested it and it sounds excellent.
- Precision matched MOSFETs used throughout the signal path.
- Over 50,000 µF of power supply filter capacitance with low ESR for greater reserve capacity.
- Low number of gain stages improves signal reproduction accuracy.
- Custom toroidal power transformer provides better regulation and greater peak current capability.
- High quality, gold plated binding posts.
- Independent thermal overload and distortion LED's for each channel.
- Gold plated RCA jacks.
- Large internal heatsinks for greater cooling capability of output devices.
- Heavy gauge, anodized aluminum front panel.
- Powder coated, baked chassis and top cover for greater durability.
- Cooling vents on top cover for greater efficiency and cooler operation while driving low impedance loads.
- POWER WATTS/CH: 125(8 Ohms), 200 (4 Ohms), 300 (2 Ohms)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.18%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 4hz to 150kHz
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO - 100dB+
- DAMPING FACTOR: >150-200
- DIMENSIONS - (LxWxH) 11.5" x 17" x 5"
- WEIGHT/EA: 30 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
CONDITION - This unit was owned locally and is very good condition. The case has minor edge scratches but overall the face is clean. Operates and plays clean and loud.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with USPS and Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines for items weighing over 100 lbs. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
PAYMENTS - We accept Paypal, Audiogon Expres Checkout, most major credit cards, bank transfers and money orders and checks. We also offer 12 mo. no interest financing.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been offering new, pre-owned, and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether it's a new purchase, trade-up, or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry as well as an authorized service center for McIntosh, Rotel, Sonus Faber and Pro-Ject, but work on most brands.
CONTACT INFO -
Phone - (407) 953-9596
Email - [email protected]
Website - www.salon1audio.com