Ask us about 6 MONTHS NO INTEREST thru PayPal
Underwood Hifi is glad to be selling Audio GD products. Audio GD is a 18 year old Chinese company that produces state of the art products at affordable prices. Reviews on all their products have been excellent.
We ship from stock out of our Georgia warehouse. We also service the product in Georgia.
Probably the best value of the Audio GD DAC’s, the new 2021 R8 MK2 upgrades the original R8 from 2018 that received great press. It is a PCM/DSD FPGA controlled ladder DAC that is 90% as good as the best at a value price. It is even better when run thru an Audio GD preamp with ACSS buss. Parts and build quality are world class.
At under $2,000 this is easily the DAC to beat. It clearly outperformed the PS Direct Stream that we compared it to. We know of nothing as good for close to this price.
USB & IIS : 44.1kHz - 384kHz /32Bit DSD64-512
Coaxial mode: 44.1kHz - 192kHz
Optical mode: 44.1kHz - 96kHz
R-8 MK2 features:
-Thanks to the fully programmable circuits of the R-8, the firmware is upgradable to improve the sonics.
-Fully balanced XLR, RCA and ACSS (CAST) connectivity
- The improvement is quite obvious compared to the previous generation.
The R8 MK2 uses the newly designed discrete servo stabilized power supply to feed the DAC circuits. In the new DAC the noise level is now comparable to that of a battery, but without the dry and thin sound characteristics of it, and thus the product’s operating temperature is significantly lower than that of the previous model.
- The analog circuit are still powered by a pure class-A regulated power supply for the best sonic results.
This new R8 MK2 outperforms the older top of the line R7.
1. Fully discrete parts are used in a truly balanced current transmission design. Four sets of fully discrete and independent DSD hardware decoders and eight sets of fully discrete R2R DAC modules are used to form a two-channel fully balanced push-pull decoder.
2. By listening to a turntable and studying its sound for a long time, Audio GD has successfully integrated an analog vinyl sound characteristic into the DAC. This tonal balance is optional and controlled through the front panel. This is a new feature.
3. Both the USB and HDMI inputs are equipped with opto isolators, and two sets of linear power supplies to separately supply power to the USB and HDMI modules before the isolators to prevent interference from signal sources. The USB input uses a two-way transmission isolator, which not only transmits IIS signals to the FPGA processor, but also receives the synchronous clock signal sent by the FPGA processor.
4. The MK2 now has a display of the input signal sampling rate function.
5. The digital circuits of the whole DAC are comprised of 1 FPGA and 5 CPLDs (both programmable devices), which allow separating the different functional circuits and preventing interference. The FPGA operates using the parallel data processing mode. The parallel mode only needs one clock to transmit and process the 32-bit data of the left and right channels, which greatly improves the processing speed and is less affected by the stability of the clock.
6. Two superb Accusilicon Femto clocks provide synchronization for the whole unit, and they are applied to the playback of all data rates without PLL up-conversion. The clock management design of the new architecture makes the clock more stable, which brings a more transparent and detailed presentation.
7. DSD uses the built-in asynchronous clock to enhance timing, which improves the clarity and dynamics of reproduction.
8. SPDIF supports DOP playback.
9. All digital mode settings can be changed on the front panel live.
10. A firmware upgrade port is on the rear panel so there is no need to open the cover to upgrade the firmware.
Compare this DAC to anything we have heard under $4000.00-$5000.00.
We accept PayPal, Visa, AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, bank wires & money orders.
Read our over 13,700 points of AudiogoN #1 rated feedback and then call 770-667-5633 with questions or to order this fine DAC or other Audio GD products.
Add $25.00 for Canada shipments
GA & HI residents add sales tax.
Brands carried: Audio Alchemy, Audio GD electronics, Audio GE speakers, Bluesound servers & streamers, Core Power Technologies A/V Power conditioners & cables, Denon, DSPeaker room correction, Emerald Physics speakers & amplifiers, Focal headphones, HifiMan headphones, Iso-Acoustics, LSA speakers, headphones, turntables & electronics, Marantz Reference, Martin Logan speakers & subwoofers, MOFI Electronics, Musical Fidelity, Music Hall, Ortofon cartridges, Peachtree Audio, Project turntables, Quad, Raal headphones, Sendy headphones, Silverline Audio speakers, SPL electronics, Sumiko cartridges, Sweet Vinyl pop & click filters, Wireworld cables, Zesto Audio tube electronics
Sales policies on the Underwood Hifi Inc. website at www.underwoodhifi.com