PS Audio's Class A+ Stereophile rated DirectStream DAC/ Streamer is one of the most remarkable DACS ever built as all the major reviewers agree. Hand written, discrete, perfection based conversion that uncovers all the missing information hiding in your digital audio media. CD’s, streaming audio, high-resolution PCM or DSD based media are expertly upsampled in the DirectStream to twenty times DSD rate and output as pure analog directly into your amplifier or preamplifier. There has never been a better sounding DAC at anywhere close to the price of DirectStream. It is the first choice of thousands of critical listeners worldwide, and with its ability to accept our free operating system upgrades, will never become obsolete.
DirectStream converts every input signal, both PCM and DSD, to single-bit, high sample rate 20X DSD signal. Use of a FPGA rather than an off the shelf DAC chip provides immense processing power, resulting in complete lack of digital glare, and allows the owner to download OS updates as they are released.
DirectStream is the heart of a reference quality digital audio based system. It handles all PCM sources up to 352.8 kHz, and DSD 64 and 128 (USB and I2S) and DSD256 (I2S only, with the Sunlight OS). Its zero-loss digital volume control allows it to be used as a preamplifier, directly feeding a power amp. Include the Network Bridge to stream Qobuz, Tidal, and Spotify. Roon ready.
The owner paid $1500 for the optional Bridge II and its installed and is in its original box. Its a one owner unit in excellent condition.
- 100% DSD BASED D-A CONVERTER
- UPGRADABLE VIA SOFTWARE RELEASES
- VOLUME, BALANCE CONTROL BUILT IN
- UPSAMPLES PCM AND DSD TO 20x DSD RATE
- DXD SUPPORT
- PASSIVE TRANSFORMER COUPLED OUTPUT
- IMPROVES IMAGING + SOUNDSTAGE
- DIRECT SIGNAL PASS WITH 1x MASTER CLOCK
- HANDWRITTEN FILTERS, PROCESSORS, SAMPLERS
- IMMUNE TO OUTSIDE SOURCE JITTER PROBLEMS
- INCREASED DIGITAL HEADROOM
- NO OFF-THE-SHELF IC-DAC CHIPS USED
- UNCOVERS DETAILS USUALLY MASKED BY PCM PROCESSORS
- 7x DIGITAL INPUTS
- MQA + TIDAL READY WITH OPTIONAL BRIDGE II
- FULLY BALANCED FROM INPUT TO OUTPUT
- COLOR TOUCH SCREEN
- DIGITAL INPUTS - I2S(2), Coax, XLR Balanced, TOSLINK, USB, Network Bridge Input
- SAMPLE RATES - I2S, and USB — 44.1kHz to 352.8kHz 16bit, 24bit, DSD 64, DSD 128 (I2S DSD 256 with Sunlight update), TOSLINK – 44.1kHz to 96kHz 16bit, 24bit
XLR (AES/EBU)S/PDIF (coax)– 44.1kHz to 192kHz 16bit, 24bit, DSD 64
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION - 0.03%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 10Hz - 100kHz
- DIMENSIONS (HxWxD) - 4" x 17" x 14"
- WEIGHT/EA: 32 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
- Original box / packing
- Original remote control
- Owners manual
- Bridge II Card (Installed)
- Power Cord
CONDITION - Excellent. Very well cared for. No scratches or smoke.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with USPS and Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines for items weighing over 100 lbs. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
PAYMENTS - We accept Paypal, Audiogon Expres Checkout, most major credit cards, bank transfers and money orders and checks. We also offer 12 mo. no interest financing.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been offering new, pre-owned, and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether it's a new purchase, trade-up, or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry as well as an authorized service center for McIntosh, Rotel, Sonus Faber and Pro-Ject, but work on most brands.
CONTACT INFO -
Phone - (407) 953-9596
Email - [email protected]
Website - www.salon1audio.com