Nakamichi Dragon Serviced Top Condition.
High-end cassette tape deck "Nakamichi Dragon".
The device is an absolute collector’s item and near mint condition.
The device has been totally refurbished by one of the best Nakamichi’s specialist in France and in Europe. Audio Retro uses all the specifics Nakamichi tools which are required to fix and service the tape deck.
The following work was carried out some weeks ago:
* All the power supply capacitors have been replaced.
* Device disassembled
* Cleaning with compressed air
* Drive removed and completely disassembled
* Removed resinified fats
* All axles, bearings and guides cleaned, oiled and re-greased with professional lubricants
* Servo drive belt KRO385A renewed
* Pressure roller swivel arms dismantled, repaired and readjusted
* Idler revised
* Intermediate gear clutch repaired
* all tape-guiding components cleaned, demagnetized and adjusted
* Switches and potentiometers cleaned and preserved
* Left channel potentiometer replaced
* The device has been completely re-measured with special Nakamichi equipment
* Extensive tests of playback and recording
Type: Cassette Tape Deck
Years of construction: 1983 -1993
Made in: Japan
Power consumption: 45 watts
Dimensions:450 x 135 x 300 mm(WxHxD)
Price new: 4150 DM (Deutsche Mark)
Number of inputs: Line 50 mV /50 KOhm, Remote
Number of outputs: Line 1 V /2.2 KOhm, DC output, Headphones (6.3mm jack)
Tape heads: 3 (PA-1L, R-8L,E-8L)
Wow and flutter: ± 0.019%(WRMS), ± 0.04% (DIN)
Belt types: Type I / II / IV
Frequency response: 20-22,000Hz (± 3 dB)
Total harmonic distortion:<0.8%
Signal-to-noise ratio:>66/74 dB Dolby B / C
Auto reverse: yes, playbackonly
Dolby: B / C
MPX filter: yes, switchable
Posterior ligament control
Automatic playback azimuthcontrol "NAAC"
Double capstan with doubledirect drive
Bias / level calibration withtest tone generator, each channel separatedfor all types of tape
LED level display with 2 x 20segments
Automatic fade in and out (2 speeds)
Subsonic filter, switchable
Adjustable output level
Gold-platedinputs and outputs
The Dragon has been totally refurbished and service by Audio Retro in Cajarc (France).
Don't hesitate to contact me for further information.