Decades before the Alexandria, Wilson Audio was producing loudspeakers that were startlingly good...but not as good as what was to come. Generation after generation of WATT/Puppy made way for the stunning X1 Grand Slam, the MAXX and ultimately the Alexandria. In its 3rd generation, the Alexandria, now the XLF, reached a level of loudspeaker performance beyond belief. Wilson's flagship simply defied what many listeners, engineers and audio reviewers though was even possible in the re-creaton of a live performance in the intimacy of a private home. Hitting the market at $220,000 a pair, the XLF remains one of the longest running models Wilson has ever produced up to 2020. Not an easy task to outdo for any amount of money.
The XLF was the revolutionary in using Aspherical Group Delay. This positions each of the critical upper drivers at a precise position in time and space to the listener. Time alignment is critical to putting you into the music and presenting a huge, high and deep soundstage as found on the original recording. The XLF also used a new design after its name, a Cross-Loaded Firing (XLF) port system. This allows a speaker with the ability to reproduce the entire range of human hearing, to adjust for room loading of very low frequencies.
The XLF features the new generation of Synergy soft dome tweeters, cabinets of X-material, and ultra-precise carbon fiber midranges, each handling different octaves. Years of development were poured into its design, aided by decades of experience and measurements.
The result is a coherent soundfield that is simply beyond belief. Musical texture, tonality and focus are reproduced with such realism your eyes close in sheer elation...but you keep opening them for fear the artist is watching you!
This pair is finished in a custom color called Black Kirsch gloss. They look black in a darker space but then a flash of light or accent lighting reveals a dark violet/red hue. Think dark cherry. This pair was owned by a highly regarded company in the hi-end audio industry and were used for listening to subtle differences in product design and development. They went through Wilson's factory recertification process and look absolutely new.
As a Certified Pre-owned pair, they will include a 3-year Wilson warranty. As a Wilson trained dealer, we are happy to deliver and set them up for maximum performance.
They include the complete foot kit, tool kit, jack and original bound manuals. They are simply flawless in every-way.
Email us for an unbeatable trade-in value on your current Wilsons or other loudspeakers.
If you have any question regarding the performance of these Alexandria XLF's, note the awards they have been receiving right up to this year!
- Super AV Award (Asia)- Outstanding Performance 2012
- The Audio Beat - Product of the Year - 2012
- 21 Hi-Fi (Asia) - Speaker System of the Year - 2012/13
- The Absolute Sound - Cost No Object Loudspeaker of the Year - 2012
- Stereophile Loudspeaker of the Year - 2012
- Stereophile Recommended Components - 2017
- The Absolute Sound Recommended Components - Best Loudspeaker - 2017
- Stereophile Recommended Components - 2018
- The Absolute Sound Featured Recommended Loudspeaker - 2018
- High-End Audio Buyers Guide - Recommended Loudspeakers - 2019
- The Absolute Sound Editors Choice Award - Loudspeaker - 2019
- The Absolute Sound Editors Choice Award - Loudspeaker - 2020
- The Absolute Sound Editors Choice Award - Loudspeaker - 2021
- Enclosure Type Woofer:(Rear Ported) X-Material
- Enclosures Type Mid-range: X-Material
- Enclosure Type Tweeter:(Sealed) X-Material
- Woofer (1): 15 inches (38.2 cm)
- Woofer (1): 13 inches (33 cm)
- Mid-range: (2) 7 inches (17.78 cm)
- Tweeter: 1 inch, Silk Dome (2.54 cm)
- Rear Tweeter: 1 inch, Silk Dome (2.54 cm)
- Sensitivity: 93.5 dB @ 1W @ 1m @ 1k
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms / minimum 3 ohms @ 2850 Hz
- Minimum Amplifier Power: 7 Watts per channel
- Frequency Response: 19.5 Hz – 33 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Overall Dimensions: Height: 70.25 inches w/spikes
- Width: 19.75 inches
- Depth: 27.8 inches
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with USPS and Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines for items weighing over 100 lbs. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
PAYMENTS - We accept Paypal, Audiogon Express Checkout, most major credit cards, bank transfers and money orders and checks. We also offer 12 mo. no interest financing.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We've been offering new, pre-owned, and demo audio gear since 1986. We'll treat you right whether it's a new purchase, trade-up, or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry as well as an authorized service center for McIntosh, Rotel, Sonus Faber and Pro-Ject, but work on most brands.
CONTACT INFO -
Phone - (407) 953-9596
Email - [email protected]
Website - www.salon1audio.com