The Frank Schröder CB 9" carbon fiber arm with upgraded 5N silver wiring is manufactured by Thrax in Europe. Frank Schröder is among a select few who make the finest audiophile tonearms in the world today. Each tonearm is meticulously built like a Swiss chronograph with rare precision and craftsmanship, and is exquisitely finished. They are some of the most desirable arms available. The CB is used on Dohman, OMA, Galibier and several other uber echelon tables as standard issue. Accordingly, lead time to get these is many, many months.
The CB (Captive Bearing) series of arms feature hybrid ceramic bearings of unprecedented low friction (2mg vertical, 3.5mg horizontal). This is the lowest measured friction of any traditional bearing arm. With internal magnetic damping in the horizontal plane, the CB Tonearm has a calibrated center post to allow repeatable adjustment of VTA, adjustable azimuth and 2 different cartridge mounting plates to allow adjustment of effective mass to couple with a wide range of cartridges.
- Includes 1.5m attached phono cable with silver wiring (+$1,000 upgrade)
- No connectors are in line from the head shell clips to RCA's
- Carbon fiber arm wand option
- NO turntable or cartridge is included in the sale, this is the tone arm ONLY
- The STST Motus DQ II turntable shown is available in a separate listing
- US sales only
- Buyer pays insured shipping and any transaction fees such as Paypal