Ayon Audio CD-TII Transport - Vacuum Tube
“Best Sound” Cost No Object LA Audio Show – The Show Newport
Robert Harley & Neal Gader
The Absolute Sound Magazine Award
Ayon CD-T II – Tube Transport – Vacuum Tube
After more than 5 years’ production time of the CD-T, and its unsurpassed success, we have decided to essentially rework it and equip it with some special features. We have kept the legendary Philips Pro drive (in our opinion one of the best sounding CD-drive ever built and reissued again), the dual digital tube buffer with 6H14 (operating in the MHz range) and of course the typical elegant and timeless “Ayon” chassis. Special attention was paid to the new clocking system, the modified power supply, the new dual ground system and the possibility of raising the bitrate of the CD to DSD 128 by means of our DSD-converter module (optional). The CD-clamp-system was also further optimized and all digital outputs were galvanically insulated from each other; additionally, the classical and the tube-buffered outputs on the rear-panel are designed switchable.
The CD-T Mk II was designed to play compact discs with a new stunning level of resolution, dynamics and musical naturalness. The overall sense of transparency and purity is simply breath-taking, offering a sense of relaxed intimacy with the recorded performance. The CD-T Mk II is perfectly engineered with a very high quality build.
Full-featured Top Loader CD-Transport
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Warm up function
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No DC servo that degrades the signal
● High quality parts throughout
● Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
● Low jitter digital audio clock system
● High precision clock
● 6H14 tube (digital output – signal buffer)
● A virtually jitter-free – 1 picoseconds – digital clocking system
● Digital output – S/PDIF (RCA), BNC, I2S, AES/EBU (XLR)
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the CD-mechanism and digital signal.
● 2 separate R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital audio signals & CD-mechanism
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● 6 separate FET voltage regulators
The type of parts used, therefore, must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of, which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High quality grade E-capacitors
● High quality – RCA, BNC & XLR jack
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis imparts a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Backlit function buttons
● Modified suspension system to isolate the CD-transport from mechanical vibrations
● Anti-vibration magnetic integral CD-clamp system combined with dark acrylic CD-cover
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|CD-Player ||Ayon CD-T II |
|Conversion rate ||16-44.1 or PCM/DSD 128 |
|CD-mecahnism ||Philips Pro II |
|Tube complement (digital signal) ||6H14 |
|Dynamic range ||> 120dB |
|Intrinsic Jitter ||1 pico-second RMS |
|Digital output – (vacuum tube) ||75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA), 110 Ω AES/EBU (XLR) |
|Digital output ||BNC, I2S |
|Digital output – DSD (optional) ||3 x BNC ( DSD-L, DSD-R, DSD-WCLK ) |
|S/N ratio ||> 120 dB |
|Frequency response || 20Hz – 50kHz +/- 0.3dB |
|Total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz ||< 0.001% |
|Remote control ||Yes |
|Dimension (WxDxH) cm ||48x36x12 cm |
|Weight ||18 kg |
Specifications subject to change without notice