The Sony SCD-777ES is basically a ($5000) Sony SCD-1 less balanced output and a slightly different case. It only weighs a few pounds less, which is mostly case. Don’t be fooled by it’s original price tag of only $3500. This baby weighs 55 Lbs. More than many amplifiers this size!
After a couple decades of taking digital music playback to new heights, Sony put everything they had into these 2 flagship players. If you could buy one of these today for $3500 it would still be an incredible value in performance and sheer beautiful industrial design. Unfortunately a player today with this build quality costs $10K+.
With impressive features like unheard of 64X oversampling, a 24-bit coefficient digital filter, full floating suspension and a fixed pickup laser tracking system, Sony put everything they could into extracting every nuance from a CD and SACD. Sony’s DSD system faithfully restored the dynamics, frequency extremes and resolution from the original masters far better then typical master can. This creates a breathtaking soundstage and accurate instrument placement with the musical space.
If you listen to CD’s and have a good high-end system, you owe it to yourself to hear this player.
This player is clean and well cared for. Door is smooth and all function are working properly. Zero issues playing CD's. It can be a bit fussy with some SACD's as some of these models were, but when it recognizes one you'd better be sitting down.
Includes the disc puck, original remote control and power cord.
- Plays Super Audio Compact Discs and Compact Discs
- Direct Stream Digital (DSDA) encoding eliminates the distortions of decimation and interpolation filters
- Dual Discrete optical block with one laser optimized for SACD, another dedicated to CD
Twin fixed pickup laser tracking assembly
- Accurate Complementary Pulse Density Modulation (ACP) system for SACD playback
- S-TACT Synchronous Time Accuracy Controller reduces clock noise, minimizes jitter
- 8-output Current Pulse D/A Converter
- General Impedance Circuit (GIC) analog filter
- 24-bit Variable Coefficient digital filter for CD playback
- Super-rigid Base Pillar (BP) construction
- Anti-resonant 10-mm chassis base, 4.5-mm sidewalls and 5-mm top plate
- Die-cast aluminum spindle motor with sapphire and ruby bearings
- Floating suspension transport with rubber dampers and 6-mm base plate
- 4-piece insulator feet with eccentric screw holes
- Motorized slide-top loading
- Brass disc stabilizer
- Solid aluminum front panel
- Two encapsulated R-core power transformers
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs for CD to DAC
- Text display for compatible CDs and SACDs
- OUTPUTS - Stereo RCA, Coaxial Digital, Optical Digital
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 2Hz to 100Khz (SACD), 2Hz to 20kHz (CD)
- DYNAMIC RANGE - 105dB+, 100dB (CD)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION - 0.0012% or less
- WOW and FLUTTER - 0.001% or less
- DIMENSIONS - (LxWxH) 17.25" x 17" x 5.8"
- WEIGHT: 55.2 Lbs
IN THE BOX -
- Brass Disc Clamp
- Operation Manual
CONDITION - This unit is extremely clean and operates perfectly. The face is flawless and only a small scratch on the top.
SHIPPING - We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
TAX - 6.5% if picked up in our store or shipped to a FL address. 0% if shipped outside Florida.
ABOUT US - Salon One Audio is a small town, hi-end audio store dedicated to a great customer experience. We’ve been selling new, pre-owned and demo audio gear since 1986. We’ll treat you right whether its a new purchase, trade-in, upgrade or you just need some expert advice. We offer excellent trade-in values and package discounts. We are also authorized distributors for most lines we carry.
Great audio is a journey not just a purchase. We’ll guide you to the best gear within your budget and are always available for after the sale support.
CONTACT INFO -