For sale is a used but in mint condition XI Audio Broadway amplifier.
The world's first high performance full balanced Li Ion battery discrete class A headphone amplifier by Eleven Audio TM combines smooth detailed sound lacking any power supply noise or AC line interaction. Amazing low level detail, smooth very real mids and vocals, and clear highs just begin to describe how good this amp is!
The Broadway is XI Audio’s higher powered amplifier of the Broadway range. It delivers 1.5W into 32 Ohms, which might not be as high as what other amps offer, but it’s still enough to get the HiFiMAN Susvara to blasting volumes.
It uses a set of four Li-Ion batteries, which gives the Broadway a run-time of approximately six hours. The design of the amplifier allows for it to be used while charging. It will use battery power until it reaches a certain power-level before the Broadway starts charging them again. So you will run on clean power for the majority of time when you have it connected to the power outlet of your house.
The Broadway is a fully balanced, discrete, Class A headphone amplifier. There is no single ended RCA input on it. So you have to use XLR at all times, as it is meant to be used fully balanced. Its rated Signal to Noise Ratio is 130dB.
On the front you have a 4-Pin XLR and a 4.4mm Pentaconn output for your headphones. On the right hand side the volume potentiometer is seated. Unlike any other amplifier I’ve laid my eyes on, this one starts at 11 o’clock. Which of course is a hint at their brand name. The Broadway has an output impedance of below 0.1 ohms. The Broadway has two gain stages – high and low.
- Frequency Response: DC-100 KHz
- Power: 1.5 watts @ 32 ohms fully balanced class A operation (amplifier biased full on at all times, no edgy crossover distortion typical of other amplifiers)
- Signal to noise ratio 130 dB
- Run time: Approx. 6 hours on full battery, indefinitely while connected to the external AC power supply
- Inputs: Stereo balanced 3 pin XLR's only
- High quality volume adjust potentiometer
- Headphone Outputs: 4 pin balanced XLR and 4.4 mm Pentaconn
- Batteries: Replaceable Li Ion 18650 x 4 batteries add to power supply filtering
- AC Charge adaptor: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz. (Unit has built-in battery management, auto-off on low battery, auto charge). Requires a standard grounded IEC C13 style AC cord (not included)
- Dimension: 8.3 in W x 6.1 in D (plus volume knob), 1.9in / 48 mm H
- Weight: Approx. 1150 grams with battery
This amplifier was used only for testing purposes and looks and functions just like new. There are no scratches or blemishes to be found anywhere on the device. The original box is not included.