I have owned this since I purchased it on Massdrop/Drop back in 2019. I moved to an Amp/DAC combo and no longer need it.
The R-2R DAC contains two PCB boards: the bottom board with power, USB, and different file-conversion technologies, and the top board with the resistor ladders, designed to have the shortest distance between parts for the cleanest results. The hardware includes a custom programmable logic device and augmented power regulation with voltage-stabilization circuits. There is a buffer/isolator stage to each bit on the R-2R ladders, while the output buffer stage boasts five op-amps per channel. Finally, the inputs, outputs, and USB/SPDIF conversion are all located on a separate PCB from the resistor ladders.
These are hard to find and Massdrop/Drop is not bringing them back as Airist Audio no longer exists.
- Ladder width: 24 bits
- Decoding format: Sign-magnitude
- PCM formats: Up to 24 bit/384 kHz over USB or 24/192 over coaxial/optical
- DSD formats: DSD64/128 over USB and S/PDIF if native DSD stream, DSD64/128 over USB using DoP, DSD64 over S/PDIF for DoP
- DSD method: Converted to PCM
- Filters: Linear-phase FIR
- Galvanic isolation: Yes
- Clocks: Low phase-noise NDK
- Frequency response, 20 Hz–20 kHz: +/-0.1 dB
- THD+N at 1 kHz: 0.08%
- SNR: 118 dB
- Crosstalk at 1 kHz : -120 dB
- Maximum output: 2.5 VRMS
- USB controller: XMOS XU208
- Inputs: USB, coaxial, optical
- Output: RCA
- Dimensions, L x W x H: 8.1 x 8.1 x 1.2 in (207 x 206 x 30 mm)
- Length with buttons and RCA port: 8.7 in (220 mm)
- Height with feet: 1.5 in (39 mm)
- Weight: 48.2 oz (1,366 g)
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.