The D100 Mk2 stereo digital to analog converter is the sum of our quest for true audio fidelity. By combining the highest quality components with a solid scientific foundation, the D100 Mk2 produces music that is free of coloration and true to the source.
Digital audio is processed by a Wolfson WM8804 which provides excellent jitter rejection. The signal is then fed to a pair of Burr-Brown PCM1794A chips operating in mono mode for the greatest dynamic range, highest signal-to-noise ratio, and complete channel separation.
The majority of high-end audio DACs utilize an active analog output stage comprised of op-amps, feedback circuitry, and additional filters. In contrast the D100 Mk2 output stage is entirely passive and consists of 0.1% resistors with Jensen output transformers—the output is a pure audio signal.
The Mk2 features new Jensen output transformers that provide an additional +6dB of gain over the original D100.
"...a remarkable sonic achievement..."
- Dick Olsher, The Absolute Sound, Issue #202
"...with the Neko and Primaluna, I didn't want to stop..."
- Rick Schmidt, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
"...the best DAC I've used to date."
- Jake Montzingo, Affordable$$Audio, Issue 42
"...the DAC to beat for reasonably priced digital excellence."
Exceptional Value Award 2009 - Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio Magazine
- Peter Davey, Positive Feedback Online, Issue 42
"..life-like, vivid and palpable..."
- Roy Harris, Audiophilia
"...I was officially and certifiably impressed..."
- David Abramson, StereoTimes
"...clean and natural."
- Nels Ferre, Enjoy the Music.com, July 2009
"...awesome transparency and detail retrieval."
- Daryl Hoffman, Headphonista
- 16-bit and 24-bit, 44.1kHz - 192kHz audio.
- Optical and transformer isolated coaxial inputs.
- Dual PCM1794A chips in mono configuration.
- Passive transformer-based analog output stage.
- Tantalum capacitors, 0.1% output resistors.
- Balanced XLR or RCA outputs.
- RCA connections supported by XLR to RCA interconnects.
- Gold plated input and output connectors.
- High quality steel enclosure.
- Toroidal power transformer in separate shielded compartment.
- optical and coaxial S/PDIF
- balanced XLR or RCA
- 20Hz - 20kHz (+0 -0.10dB); 3Hz - 22kHz (-3dB) @ 44.1kHz
- 20Hz - 20kHz (+0 -0.05dB); 3Hz - 31kHz (-3dB) @ 96kHz
- <0.005% THD+N @ 44.1kHz -0dBFS
- <0.012% THD+N @ 96kHz -0dBFS
- 10.5" (W) x 2.5" (H) x 6.5" (D)
- 5 lbs. 10 oz.
- 115V or 230V