ANOTHER CHANCE RELIST
PICKUP FROM HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT, USA
I am very reluctantly offering for sale my record LP collection of a lifetime. This collection contains approximative 10,000 albums - vast majority single LPs, some 2LP sets, some box sets. All albums were personally inspected and bought by myself from various record collectors and record stores located in Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, via Goldmine and Discoveries magazines, also a small number were bought from eBay. I virtually spent years of my life looking for the albums I wanted and thousands of dollars for gas, shipping costs, other related fees.
This collection was built around the word "quality" for the featured artists and condition of each album - cover, inner sleeve, vinyl. I could have ten times more albums but those rejected did not meet my high standards of quality. For example, about twenty years ago out of circa 5,000 LPs collection located in Massachusetts, I only bought 50+ albums, rejecting all other due to their inferior condition (among those rejected being some very rare and obscure artists, but they did not meet my high standard of quality).
The collection contains artists and music from 1925 through 1975, predominantly being the 1950-1975 era - my 25-year of the finest music ever created.
About half of these albums were played once, then placed in storage as shown in the six photos. These LPs were not touched in the last ten years or longer as in the meantime I listened to additional albums bought out of curiosity (obscure, unknown artists, unusual albums) or for resale purpose.
The main musical genres for this collection are the following five: 1. pop vocal; 2. rock (early, classic, hard, psychedelic, progressive, glam, punk, metal); 3. jazz (vocal, instrumental); 4. blues; 5. folk.
All other genres and artists - from mainstream to obscure, rare, unknown artists - are also represented (except no disco and rap), such as: British invasion artists from the 60's era, C&W, bluegrass, soul, R&B, reggae, calypso, doo wop, gospel, skiffle, classical, Christmas, international (from France, Spain, Italy, Latin America).
About half of the albums (those played once) were placed in protective plastic sleeves. The other half only inspected for quality and placed in storage (in upright position as I keep all my albums) for future processing and listening.
This collection contains many rare, obscure, unknown, unusual, special pressings LPs, all gems. For example:
- Juicy Lucy - DJ / MONOAURAL pressing
- Jackson Heights - White Label PROMO - Verve label
- Barclay James Harvest - DEBUT ALBUM / UK EMI-Harvest
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja vu - rare BROWN WAX LP - Holland made
- J. J. Worthington - PROMO - rare 1969 LP - complete set with BOOKLET
- Anita O' Day - White Label PROMO - 50's Verve
- Lena Horne - DEBUT ALBUM - 50's / UK made
- Diane Hildebrand - Early morning blues and greens - SEALED 1967 LP (her only album)
- Elton Britt & Rosalie Allen - Starring - rare Grand Award pressing album (in shrink wrap)
- B. B. King - Confessin' the blues - SEALED 1965 LP on ABC Paramount
- Sarah Vaughan - The Pablo Years - rare 1984 6LP box set
plus many other albums by unknown, obscure, one-album singers-songwriters from the 60's-early 70's era that many collectors / music lovers have never heard of them, rare / very rare classical music albums, and so forth. The collection contains first pressing albums, also early pressings and some reissues (for those I couldn't find original pressings in the top condition as wanted).
- most covers are in close to NM status / some Exc., some mint, some still SEALED
- the records themselves are in close to NM / NM status, some mint, some still SEALED
- there are six photos showing part of my LP collection
- several other racks full of albums are not shown
- I am asking $90,000 or BEST OFFER; the actual value of this LP collection is more than double if it were to be sold by piece, or at market or book value for the records' condition
- this LP collection must be picked up from Hartford, Connecticut, USA. The buyer is responsible for bringing boxes, crates, containers, and so forth to accommodate the entire collection - van, truck, station wagon. I will help with the loading of the albums and the transfer of possession. Some racks as shown in the photos are also available for free if the buyer will want them. If the uploading of the albums will not be possible to be finished in one day, I will make myself available for one or two more days, if needed.
- payment will be accepted by bank transfer, personal or cashier's check, cash at the time of pickup (payment must clear the bank first).
- all my albums currently listed in Audiogon will be added for free to the LP collection offered for sale as per this ad
TERMS OF SALE:
- any serious interested party may inspect this LP collection based on appointment
- this offer is open to any person backed by the financial funds necessary to conclude the transaction, decided and knowledgeable. This offer is not open to undecided, curious, time wasters, low ballers people (if you want to buy cheap records, I suggest to check out tag sales, estate sales, thrift stores).
- the buyer shall take possession over all my albums from my house, stored in racks or on the floor, shown in the six photos or not, except for a small number of LPs that I will keep for myself - located at the bottom of my stereo equipment rack (first photo) that will not be included in the sale
I have never seen a finer collection of records LP in my entire life that was built on the value of the featured artists, variety of musical genres, and condition of the LPs. This is possibly the finest LP collection in the world in the range up to 10,000 albums. I wouldn't have the time, the money and the energy to build again such a special and exquisite album collection. This is a "turnkey" LP collection and an investment for life, the buyer will immensely enjoy each album for dozens of years to come.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding this offer.
Selling due to personal reasons.
RECORD COLLECTOR SINCE 1963!
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM THE NUMBER ONE VINYL SELLER FROM AUDIOGON! Thank you,
Emil - Hartford, CT, USA