SPENCER DAVIS GROUP *BEST OF THE SPENCER DAVIS GROUP*
*** ISLAND RECORDS PINK EYE ***
1967 1ST PRESS - A TRUE COLLECTORS ITEM
COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL 1967 INNER SLEEVE
DEADWAX: (SIDE 1) ILPS 9070 A 1; (SIDE 2) ILPS 9070 B 1
Yeah, it was the Spencer Davis Group, but it was really Steve Winwood (he was still Stevie then) who ran the show with his gritty, soulful singing and guitar and organ playing, all of which make songs like "I'm a Man," "Gimme Some Lovin'," "Keep on Running," and "Somebody Help Me" the classics that they are. This 14-track set was originally issued as a double LP by Island Records in 1967 and features all of the above songs plus other cuts from the same time period. (AMG)
JACKET: 8/10 (some spine distress)
Spencer Davis Group,The Best Of The Spencer Davis Group Featuring Steve Winwood
Label: Island Records – ILP 970
Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Stereo
A1 I'm A Man Written-By – J. Miller*, S. Winwood* 2:53
A2 Gimme Some Lovin' Written-By – Muff Winwood, Spencer Davis, Steve Winwood 2:54
A3 Every Little Bit Hurts Written-By – Ed Cobb 3:27
A4 This Hammer Written-By – Muff Winwood, Pete York, Spencer Davis, Steve Winwood 2:12
A5 Back Into My Life Again Written By – J. MillerWritten-By – Jackie Edwards 2:23
A6 Waltz For Lumumba Written-By – Steve Winwood 4:18
A7 Together Till The End Of Time Written-By – Frank Wilson 2:49
B1 Keep On Running Written-By – Jackie Edwards 2:42
B2 Trampoline Written-By – Steve Winwood 2:25
B3 When I Come Home Written-By – Jackie Edwards, Steve Winwood 1:55
B4 Strong Love Written By – Malone/Silvers/Brown 2:12
B5 Somebody Help Me Written-By – Jackie Edwards 2:00
B6 She Put The Hurt On Me Vocals – Spencer DavisWritten-By – L. Nelson* 2:39
B7 Goodbye Stevie Written-By – Muff Winwood, Pete York, Spencer Davis, Steve Winwood 2:20
• Arranged By – Steve Winwood
• Bass – Muff Winwood
• Drums – Pete York
• Guitar [Rhythm] – Spencer Davis
• Organ, Guitar [Lead], Piano, Harmonica, Vocals – Steve Winwood
• Producer – Chris Blackwell (tracks: A2 to B3, B5 to B7), Jimmy Miller (tracks: A1, B4)
Island Records Ltd 155-157 Oxford Street, London W1 England. This is the pink label Island release with black and orange eye.
CLEANED ON VPI HW-27 TYPHOON [6-STEP PROCESS]
LP’s RE-SLEEVED IN AUDIOPHILE QUALITY INNER SLEEVES
JACKETS PROTECTED BY HIGH QUALITY JACKET PROTECTORS
SHIPPED IN DEDICATED LP BOX/MAILER
***TERMS OF SALE***
1) Buyer responsible for PayPal Fees & Shipping costs.
2) MEDIA MAIL/TRACKING/INSURED [USA ONLY]
3) ASK ABOUT COMBINED SHIPPING
4) NOTE: I will not ship to certain "high risk" countries. ASK before you buy/bid.
5) Subject to prior sale on other sites, forums, & blogs
6) If you have received NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, you MAY NOT BID/BUY.
7) NO RETURNS ON SEALED LP’s FOR ANY REASON
8) !! ASK ABOUT FEE FREE OPTIONS !!
*** AURALIC AUDIO FULL LINE DEALER **
*** RYAN SPEAKERS – A FULL LINE DEALER ***
~ LP SALES & COLLECTION ACQUISITIONS ~
“WE BUY LP COLLECTIONS”
Thank you for looking.